1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What should i feed my hamster?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by HamsterDude, Aug 18, 2004.

1. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

what should i feed Ziggy?
    and how can i potty train her? ive seen the little outhouses

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

You should feed your hamster a seed blend or seed mix to meets to nutritional requirements of your hamster. You should make sure that your hamster has variety of things to eat to keep it healthy. Also keep in mind that not all hamster like the same thing. In terms of potty training your hamster, I don't know anything about that unfortunately!

3. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

thanx nameless... do you know wat fruits i can feed Ziggy?

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

You can feed your hamster sweet corn, melon, apples, cucumbers, grapes, celery and carrots. However, don't feed them onions, potatoes or kidney beans, to name a few!

5. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Be careful on some foods for the hamster, quite a few can cause health probolems. Mine seems to love apples and carrots.

6. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

thx so noone know about the potty training?

7. OneWolvesDream

Never tried it with the container, kinda seemed stupid to me but they say you get the potty stuff and container and put it in there, over time the hamster is sapposed to use it, my moms friend bought be a bag of the stuff and the hamster has more fun eating it then using it, i have had t for a year now and not one hamster that i have used it on used it how they where sapposed to.

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I really doubt a hamster will use those properly, but, usually hamster relieve themselves away from where they sleep.

9. OneWolvesDream

Lol, mine does under the water thingy.

10. Nameless

Nameless New Member

To HamsterDude: Post if you somehow found a way to potty train. I'm interested for future reference!

11. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

yes i found out how, you can buy a potty or make on ewith a glass, hamsters a creature of habit ( i heard ) so most of the time they pick one corner where to use the bathroom. so take a glass big enough for the to turn around in in the spot where she goes to the bathroom. next day to ur surprise u will porbably see pee or poop in the glass just clean it ouit evryday and u wil have to clean the cage less and that makes less work for you

12. OneWolvesDream

using glass for a hamster isnt the best of ideas, even if it is big enough they can get stuck and there isnt much air cerculation (sp?) in glasses. so just be careful with that.

Hamsterdude check your private messages

13. Nameless

Nameless New Member

But, does it work for your hamster?