1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What should we do?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Tonique, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Tonique

Tonique New Member

Ok so my husband watches too much MTV cribs and he knocked a hole in our living room wall and put a 50 gallon fish tank in the wall. (it's framed so that it looks like a picture at first) The joys of being married to a carpenter :lol: . Anyway we decided fresh water (easier) and we have well water so it's not easy to keep the water perfect. So we put some trial fish in (the kind that live a week and then your kids cry and you have to buy more.) Well that was a year ago. They won't die. What fish would you recomend that will grow to be big and colorful and won't eat little fish. I couldn't bare carnivorous fish. We want a good mix of color and size. Right now we have seven 1/2 inch fish that you can't see in the tank they're so small :D HELP!

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It would help if we knew what kind of fish you already have already.

-Chelle

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

are you tlaknig aobut goldfish? you coudl get rid of them (resell them or give way to local fish store) then get some mixed africans........those guys are VERY colorful, active, and not afriad of people so they wont hide.

4. tski22

tski22 New Member

Sounds like an interesting tank. As Chelle previously mentioned it would help to know what kind of fish they are. My next suggestion would be to post a pic of the tank because I LOVE tanks thata re built into the wall, such a nice look. After knowing that information I would probably say either africans like grnlemonade suggested or jsut some cool central american chichlids like firemouths or something of the sort. My firemouths are really interesting. tl

5. Tonique

Tonique New Member

Um I think they are mostly guppies. I'm not sure though. I'd post a picture but I dont own a camra that would work with a computer, or a computer (campus computer :lol: ). Anyway we want lots of color and movement which I guess is the goal of most computers.

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i would get rid of the guppy's and go with african's then

7. Tonique

Tonique New Member

Did i type "the goal of most computers"? :roll: Aquariums. I ment Aquariums. Anyway What do I do with the guppies? And tell me about Africans. Are they big, colorful, live peacefully with other fish, ect........?

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If you want peaceful fish, then don't go with african cichlids. They are colorful (about as colorful as you can get w/o going to saltwater), but they can be pretty aggressive and really don't mix well with other fish.

Your best bet would probably be some nice tetras & barbs. They can get a little nippy, but not nearly as bad as african cichlids and as long as you have plenty of fish, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I suggest you look around at what's available in your local stores, write down the names of all the fish your interested in, then come back here and post that list. From that we can help you come up with a good list of fish that will work out in your tank.

-Chelle

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

good idea tchelle

10. Tonique

Tonique New Member

:y_the_best: Thanks I'll do that.