1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what to do about a sick kitten

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by mallyse, May 25, 2005.

1. mallyse

mallyse New Member

I jut found a very small kitten..maybe 3-5 weeks old .. his( her) eyes have an icky substance in them...there was a second kitten under my house..not alive...what can i do about the stuff in the kittens eyes and what could possibly be causing it. :(

2. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

take it to a vet

3. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

Sometimes when they have a bad upper respiratory infection they will get a nasty discharge in the eyes. Does the eye look damaged in any way? Please take this kitten to a vet for treatment if you plan to keep it or symptoms will only worsen and lead to death. Especially at this young age, sick and without a mother, this kitten has no chance of survival without human help. If you don't want the responsiblity, then you can take the kitten to your local shelter where it may be humanely put to sleep or hopefully end up in the foster program for treatment and eventually adoption if it gets better. But please, please, don't just do nothing and allow this little baby to suffer. Also if you have other cats at home, keep them completely separated from the kitten as you don't want the kitten getting your other pet(s) sick. Best of luck to you and the kitten :y_the_best:

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

if the kitten has an eye infection the eyeball could rupture. Time for a vet or as suggested take this kitten to a shelter. Now that you've accepted the responsibility for this babe you need to do something.
    And hugs to you for helping.

5. yogi

yogi New Member

my last Manx litter I had one male that had slight upper resp illness. His eyes everyday were partially closed due to dryness of puss infection. The Vet had me take a warm water on a damp cloth and gentley wipe the eyes until the puss came out. He gave me antibiotics and within couple days he was fine. No eye damage just basically he had a cold. He was 5 weeks when this happened. Vet is best option for this little one.