1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what to feed a 13 & a 2 yearold cat???

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by kathy5, Feb 4, 2006.

1. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

as you know I have 2 cats
    emily is 2 & taz will be 13 in june

they are both healthy & lively
    but as taz is getting up in his years I was wondering If what I was feeding him is good for him & his teeth

mind you there is nothing wrong with his teeth that I can see anyways but If the hard food that I give him hurts to chew he will not be able to tell me
    " hay mom this stuff is to hard for me to eat"

so I was wondering If any of you who had young & older cats did for feeding

right now I am feeding both cats cat chow indoor formula

any Idears would be great
    & for thoes of you who do feed 2 different types of food for your cats how do you go about making sure that the right cat is eating the right food
    kathy

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

My cats are both similar in age, but I feed them Wellness since it's made for all stages of life (same formula from kitten to senior).

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Kathy5. Instead of just giving your cats hard food, how about also giving them soft food? There are a lot of benefits to giving cats soft food, as it contains a lot of water. Unless someone posts it before me, I will try and find you more info on the benefits of soft food later on.

Wellness is a great cat food. :y_the_best: However, there are plenty of other choices out there.

4. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

It's pretty easy for a cat to tell you the hard food hurts his teeth. He stops eathing it! Although I've seen cats with no teeth at all eat hard food without any problems.

5. vene

vene New Member

I free feed dry foods Pro Plan + Welness 24/7. The 4 kitties also get Pro Plan wet foods 2x day- morning + night time. The young + the old are doing well. :mrgreen: