1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what to use for background?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, May 18, 2006.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

what should i use for my backround of my tank?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Personally, I prefer plain black backgrounds. I've used spray paint on 3 of my tanks and that seems to be the easiest if the tank isn't already set up. On my 20 gallon, I used regular brush-on enamel (not latex enamel). It doesn't go on quite as well, but I couldn't get behind it to spray. My 75 has 5% window tint. When the tank was being used as a room divider, it was nice because it looked black from the front, but you could still see into the tank a little from the back. Now that the tank is up against a wall, it looks like a regular black background.

-Chelle

3. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

haha never would of thought of spray paint or tinted glass :p. would plain black wallpaper work?

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You mean actual wallpaper? I've never tried it.

Another option would be to use one of the store bought backgrounds. To get them to stick good, it helps to put a tin layer of vasaline on the glass before applying the background (or so I've heard, I've never actually used one).

-Chelle

5. 2manytanks

2manytanks New Member

Now you tell us!!

Why didn't I think of that? I like the store bought backgrounds, but was always pissed off that unless you can make them adhere right to the glass they just don't look as good.

Never thought of vaseline. Excuse me, I have a few things to do now.