1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Bente, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Bente

Bente New Member

Last night when I was out looking for Kyrre, I came across this other cat. She (?) looked like a persian, but her fur was in terrible condition! It was just one HUGE mat, it's amazing she was still able to move :( I talked to a woman in the neighbourhood, and she din't know who the owner was. She told me the cat had been out every night since this fall, and that the fur had always been like that. The cat was really affectionate, and when I noticed she followed me around I thought I might bring her home, and take her to the vet today. But she wouldn't cross one of the roads (probably the end of her territory) and I could't carry her, then she would hiss at me (probably because of her mats). I'm pretty certain she has a home; she didn't seem very skinny, and she smelled like cigarette smoke.

So now I'm not sure what to do. I could take her to the vet, but then I would have to pay the costs when it really should be the owner's responsibility. And if they decide to shave her, I can't let her back out in the cold. I could call the rescue shelter, but I'm not sure what would happen if the owner starts looking for her and finds out I handed her over to them...

Any advice?

2. Bente

Bente New Member

Small update: I called the rescue center and asked for advice, and the woman there thought it would be best if I tried to bring the cat home, and put up posters asking if somebody misses her. If the owner call they will bring the cat home and tell him/her to take her to the vet, and teach them a little something about caring for a cat. If the owner doesn't show up they will take her to the shelter :)

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

yay for Persian
    and I am still tossing positive thoughts out Kyrre will come home

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Before I saw your update, that was what I was going to suggest too. Do you have a carrier you can put her in if you see her again? That's really nice of you to help this other cat.

Hope you find Kyrre soon.

5. vene

vene New Member

I'm glad you were able to find a solution for the Persian. May Kyrre come home soon.