1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What's buggin' my bunny?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by Bente, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Bente

Bente New Member

For a couple of days ago I moved my rabbit's cage maybe 10 meters (To get him closer to our side of the house. While I was at it I did some serious cleaning in it. ever since I haven't seen my bunny using the little house he has in there. He used to be in there all the time before, but now he don't even go inside to avoid me if I try to lift him up (He hates being handled).

Could this be because I cleand out the straws he had in his house and replaced it with fresh hay? Or is it because of the new location he is in? (The sounds and smells are still the same) It's still cold outside in the nights, but when I go outside early in the morning I see him sleeping outside of the little house... :|

What can I do to make him comfortable in the "house" again?

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Dont know too much about bunny behaviour but have you replaced the old straw with the same type or is it different?, maybe he doesnt like the texture/scent from the new stuff.

3. Bente

Bente New Member

What was in the house before I cleaned it out was just straws, you know yellow stuff, not for eating (don't know any good word for it in english). but that vas very old, so even if I couldn't see anything wrong with it i changed it with some hay, the same kind that he eats. (He had some hay in there for isolation as well before I cleaned it out, but mainly straws)

We may have some straw in our garage, if so I'll put that in the cage tomorrow. I've also been recomended that I groom him and put the hair that sheds off in to the house. That way he can smell his own smell in there.

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Its just called straw :) ´Hope that fixes the problem.