1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

whats dyieng fish? is it too change there colour or somethin

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Neon, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Neon

Neon New Member

???plz tell me

2. Blau_the_cow

Blau_the_cow New Member

Yep your right. Dying fish is a process in which a dye is injected into the fish by means of needle, colouring tanks, and other methods, and it is used to make fish "more attractive" or in other words, play God and make your own colourful fish. This is very painful and most times fatal to dyed fish, who frequently end up with weak immune systems.

Heres a website: http://www.deathbydyeing.org/

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, i suggest boycotting the dyed fish....there are more prone to get sick and die, if they were lucky enough to make it through the dying process...

4. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Yeah I think it really stinks that people dye fish. At a pet store near me they have dyed tetras, red devils, parrot fish (like rainbow colors), and dyed (Blueberry) Oscars. I think it is pointless.

5. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

If consumers stop buying, businesses will stop ordering fish with this cruel process. No demand, no supply ...

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

its sick..even if ur fish survives more then 3 months it turns like brown and turns ulgy.

7. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

i feel it is wrong to play with mother nature, and shock a fish to death for your own pleasure (an illuminus fish).

which are comminly dyed?

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

What are specific types of harm/sickness does dying cause the fish and how?

10. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

in general, it causes some MAJOR stress which affects its immune system and drastically reduces that and depeltes the slimecoat, which makes it WAY mroe vunerable to disease and parasites then a healthy, undyed fish