1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

whats the matter with my baby

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by sarahjaynne, Jun 4, 2006.

1. sarahjaynne

sarahjaynne New Member

:cry: my cat had 3 babies on wednesday (31/05) unfortunatly the last was still born but the other 2 looked fine. i have since noticed that the bigger one has problems using his back legs. they look as though they are crossed over and he un able put any weight on them although he is pulling himself around with his front legs....... please help there must be something i can do for him ....... :( :( :(

2. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

i'm sorry to hear about the troubles... but the only thing you can do is to take the baby to the vet and have a proper diagnosis and treatment.

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi and welcome to Auspet. I agree about taking the kitten to the vet. You should probably take both kittens there to get looked at and also the mama cat needs to be fixed so that she doesn't have more babies. If money is an issue, you can ask the vet if they are willing to make payment plans. Or take the kittens to a no kill shelter and surrender them. I wish all your cats all the best. Keep us posted.

4. vene

vene New Member

I hope your cat will be ok. I agree with others. A vet check is in order.

5. sarahjaynne

sarahjaynne New Member

big problems . . . .

thank you for your replies..... a lot has happened since i posted. this afternoon i found the poorly one struggling to breath and very grey tongue i think we are going to lose him very soon. he mum jet wont have anything to do with it. also the other one is going the same way. im letting nature take it course but if it gets worse i think a visit to the vets to have them put to sleep is the only way.... does any one know how to feed a kitten less than a week old cause mum wont....

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

VET - how can you let these poor babies die when it's possible a vet might be able to save them?

7. eman

eman New Member

OMG! plz take them to the vet before they die... :cry:

8. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

*speachless* :shock:

9. sarahjaynne

sarahjaynne New Member

update on my two kittens

unfortunatly both babies passed away last night ...... mum was with them till the end. i spoke to the vet who said that the mother has passed something onto them at birth... a bit like we can do.. but sadly before i could get them there they died but i still cant understand why togeather. :cry: :cry: :cry: mum ( jet ) has to go for blood tests etc to prevent it happening again if we let her have more.... i wonder if she mated with one of the inbred toms down the road the mum keeps having kittens by her son but the family wont do any thing lets hope not ..... thanks for listening sarah xxxx

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Please get your kitty spayed - then it won't matter that the neighbors are irresponsible.

11. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

if your cat is known to have troubled litters the best thing you can do for her - and her future babies - is to have her spayed.
    Don't blame the neighbor's toms when part of the responsiblity lies in your hands. It's an easy solution...get her spayed and it won't happen again.
    Those poor babies never stood a chance - and it's not right to expect mom cat to have to go through it again and again and again........

12. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

i agree. And the next time there may be complications (as there can be with any pregnancy) and you could loose her too.