1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What's the nutritional value of a plastic Hawaiian Lei?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

After returning from Hawaiian Night at a Houston Rockets game where they gave out plastic leis to everyone I looped it aroung Duke's neck.
    [​IMG]

A few moments later Freckles decided he wanted that lei...
    [​IMG]

Now that Freckles had the prize no one was going to get it back.
    [​IMG]
    Freckles then took it out of sight and somehow broke the loop causing the lei to unravel into a long strip. When he came out from behind the sofa he had one end in his mouth like a string of spaghetti. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of that but I got him to sit and slowly pulled it out.
    As funny as it appeared I realized how dangerous it would have been if he had eaten the entire strip which was about 10 feet long.
    Like small children you have to watch them constantly to keep them out of trouble. but I don't know why dogs will eat something that is not food. Does a plastic lei really have any nutritional value? :D :D

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hehe!! I had a similar experience at Christmas trying to get a photo of the dogs and kids. The dogs were wearing bandanas, and when I took my eyes off them for just a moment, I turned around to find Nala munching on Bonnie's bandana!

Nala will eat ANYTHING. I think she's really a goat in disguise.

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:lol: Nope....cant think of anything nutritional in a plastic lei....cute pics though. :lol:

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

how cute! but you are right you have to watch them like a hawk, this morning, I was was wondering what Jake was doing in the corner of my bedroom, not normal. he is eating a bunch of kleenex. He has this kleenex fixation, I ate a lot, so I only fed him a little bit of breakfast

5. horse_child

horse_child New Member

hmmm...nutritional value of a plastic lei...90% oops i shouldn't have eaten that and 10% i wonder if a trip to the vet is necesary?
    Honeybears: My dog has something for kleenex too, lol

6. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Oh What cute pics! I hope you frame them!