1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Whats Wrong?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jul 17, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

My clown loach is acting weird. he is swimming upright the glass but staying in one spot just making rapped tail movements to stay in the same spot. He has ich right now and im affraid its taking its toll i am using cure for him, though is this just his odd personality and clowning or is somethin wrong, he is swimming up right everywhere!

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your water parameters?

You're using a 1/2 dose of a standard ich med (as opposed to one for scaleless fish), right? That could still be too strong for him.

-Chelle

3. OneWolvesDream

yup, im using half as it has always beem. He looks really really sick now, he is on his side by a pot plant, this isnt just the normal clown loach thing something is wrong, a fish will poke him and he usually moves, now he just twitches.

4. OneWolvesDream

and on another note. the tiger barb that i have that thinks its a clown loach is at a total loss right now, it is just staying in one place. under the filters waterfall. usually when the clown loach is resting it will go and play around a pock now its just staying in one spot under the filter

5. OneWolvesDream

Just a little update i have moved him into the hospital tank along with 2 other tetras that have small signs of ich. hopefully with the right amount of medication he will live.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

My only guess is it could be a bad reaction to the med.

-Chelle

7. OneWolvesDream

he is still alive but has been resting like clown loaches do all day.

8. OneWolvesDream

He is having spazims (cant spell it) i think he is going to die, he isnt swimming around he is just staying in one spot on his side and loosing his color. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

::edit:: i moved him back into the main fishtanks because i had worries about poor water in the hospital tank, since then he is doing much better.

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your water parameters?

-Chelle

10. OneWolvesDream

he died last night. He was in my 29 gal.

11. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Did you overdose your medicine? It may kill your clown loach.

12. OneWolvesDream

nope i did the medication perfict for scaless.