1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

When do small dogs stop growing?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by LucyLu, Dec 31, 2004.

1. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

My puppy is 12 weeks and 4lbs. Her Mom and Dad are 7 and 9 lbs. I am curious....when will she stop growing? She's a maltepoo. Thanks!

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I would imagine it would depend on whether she'd going to tak eon the trains of the maltese breed (small) or poodel (bit larger depending on what size poodle that 1/2 came from). Hard to say....most dogs continue to grow till they are a year old. Not sure on the smaller breeds.

3. pomlover

pomlover New Member

I have a Pomeranian and she is bascially done growing. She is 10 months old.

4. seaecho

seaecho New Member

The small breeds bascially stop growing height-wise when they are about six months old. They might fill out quite a bit more, though.

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I was told by a toy poodle breeded about the growth spur thing thats on the first ankle on the front of a dogs knee, if its still there she will grow more. Just rub your finger around on the first joint above your dog foot. Its on the outer portion of the knee, if its a noticable bump, she will grow more. I felt the difference on my older poodle and hers is gone. My pup still has hers, so she will grow more. But of course she is only a little over 4 months.

6. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

I have found the Yorkie stops growing at about 7 months.