1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

when will she play?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by katek, Oct 15, 2008.

1. katek

katek New Member

i am a first-time bird owner of an adorable ruppell's parot. she is aobut 14 weeks old and i want to know at what age she will start playing. in her cage, she is up and down her perches and has taken a liking to two toys, but when i take her out, she only wants to sit on my shoulder. if i put her on the floor and give her bottle tops or other toys she ignores them and finds something she can climb. once she feels she's high enough, she just sits there.
    is there anything i can do to encourage her to play? food doesn't really seem to be a motivator - i've tried putting fruit in a capsule but she ignores it. am thinking that maybe she's just a bit young.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi and congrats on being a first timer.
    14 weeks is still young so she is just finding herself, The best way to learn them is if you play also.
    When putting bottle tops down or her fruit capsule sit on the floor with her and playing with them, flicking them rolling them she will soon get the idea and want to join in..

It takes time but she will learn.

Mike

3. katek

katek New Member

thanks - i'll try that

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Welcome to the boards and yes they learn by example so play play play with her. So she knows how to play with the toys. I look forward to seeing pictures of your new baby.....

Again Welcome you will like these boards the people here are from all over and have great ideas and knowledge.....

Happy posting.