1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Where does everyone live?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Mix Breed lover, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Mix Breed lover

Mix Breed lover New Member

Okay, I thought that if we were giving our ages, we could share where we live. I know alot of you have it listed under your user name but I'm curious. I'm from Ohio. Is there anyone else in Ohio? If you already have where you live listed, then you can tell us where you grew up. Big city, small town, a farm, ranch, things like that.

2. winnie

winnie New Member

I live in Southern California, grew up here and lived here my whole life. :)

3. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I grew up in a small coastal town in SC, old southern charm type of town. It is growing rapidly though, damn yankees. jk. But when I was in 1st grade we moved to Yuma, AZ. Loved it there. But...we moved back to Beaufort when I started 6th grade. Now I am in Columbia, SC b/c this is where I go to college. Go Cocks!!! (our mascot is the gamecock)

4. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Los Angeles! :kiss_heart:
    What can I say, I'm a California girl. I've lived here, grown up in the big city, my whole life. I'm very naive to anything but city living, all of that country stuff and wilderness completely perplexes me :oops: I've tried to understand, but it's just not for me, won't ever be I guess. I spent a month in the midwest this past year, what a trip. They're just very different lifestyles. I guess I'm much too girly and I'm very very easily bored. The slow paced living was nice for a few days for vacation (I was visiting friends in IL and OH) but definetly doesn't suit me. I love cities like LA, NY, London and Paris, if I weren't a complete wimp when it comes to the cold weather I'd love to live in France. We can all dream, right?

Nice topic, by the way :y_the_best:
    It's always nice to hear where everyones coming from!

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I live in Phoenix, AZ. Some times referred to as the big kitty litter box of America. :lol: I was born and raised in the Heartland, in Iowa.

6. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

I was born and raised in Rhode Island.
    I live in the house I grew up in. I bought it after my parents passed away.
    I live in the town of West Warwick. Many of you may have heard of West Warwick RI due to the unfortunate luck of the 100 people who lost their lives in "The Station Fire". What a horrible way to get on the map.
    :(

7. someday

someday New Member

I grew up in Texarkana, Tx, but i'm living in Columbia, Missouri now...been here for 4 years and I love it! I think i'll eventually head back down to Texas though, I can't take this cold weather!

8. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

I'm living the retired life in Florida, having worked for a multi-national company for many years. My job included international sales, so I've been able to travel the world - without taking (alot of ) money out of my pocket!

I've lived in New York, Ohio, Vermont and California before settling in Florida.

9. nern

nern New Member

I live in Buffalo, NY...was born here and have lived here all my life.

10. Angie

Angie New Member

someday, I was just in Texarkana, Arkansas for my vacation!
    It is really beautiful there... well, at least compared to here! (Louisiana)
    While I was there, we also went to Texarkana, Texas. It was really neat to be in two states at once. Drove by the post office (the one in both states of course) but I didn't get to take a picture there.
    Next time I will spend more time there, I can't wait to go back!

I live about 45 minutes to an hour from New Orleans. I never thought about moving away, but every where I go seems so much cleaner. A lot of people like to visit New Orleans and especially for Mardi Gras but its really not my thing. Don't get me wrong, there are some really cool things to see in New Orleans, but (IMO) there are better places.

11. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I live in Toronto, Ontario. Out in the burbs near the Toronto/Pickering townline.

12. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I live in a wittle itty bitty town called Rock Island, Texas. I was born in Houston, raised in Schulenberg, lived in Columbus and now with Granvel out in Rock Island. The funny thing about it, all the towns are about 30 minutes from each other, except houston. Thats about a 45 minute to an hour drive.

Rock Island is a nice little, and when I mean little, population 215, one little country store/bar. Blink and you'll miss it.

The front of the town, nearest HWY 90 is where the hispanics live, nice people but they could REALLY clean up their stuff!!!! I mean, how much junk can you possibly fit in one yard!! Who needs 8 non working washing machines, 4 non working fridges...ect...!!! ANd Cars!!! UGH!!!
    It makes Rock Island look really bad, but once you go about a street down, OMG. THe nicest houses!
    We live way in the back, secluded from everyone and everything! I love it.

13. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hello All,

This is neat!
    I live in Ajax, Ontario, CANADA (Just outside of Toronto)
    I grew up in Scarborough (a part of Toronto) and now as most people my age have done, moved out to the burbs bought a house, have kids/dog etc....

Aqueous, we are practically neighbours!

14. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

I was born in San Antonio, Texas (air force child), then raised in Iowa until I was about 18, then we moved here to Colorado. I'm 41, so have lived here more than half my life.
    I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather, and absolutely LOVE the ocean, and would move close by one in a second. BUT, DH was born and raised here, and could never leave his mountains. :roll:
    My dream is to have a beachhouse somewhere...*sigh* maybe some day.

15. someday

someday New Member

Angie- It is a pretty place, but pretty boring too, but I guess eveyone thinks that about their hometown. I've visited New Orleans a couple times. I think it's pretty down there in places and I love the food! I need my wide open spaces with lots of trees though!

16. Angie

Angie New Member

Yeah, I notice that there isn't much there to do. But there are some things up toward Hot Springs that I want to see.
    Anyway, can't you taste the big difference in the food?
    The food there seems to have no flavor after eating it here!
    lol

17. Maori

Maori New Member

Was born in Sydney Australia but moved with family to Te Puke, New Zealand for a few years then moved back to Oz and lived in the Northern Territory in a city named Darwin till 2000 then i moved all the way here to Tucson, Arizona to be with my beloved who we found each other online in 1996. we just brought our home just outside of tucson called Three Points with a few acres. We love it here and has lots of room for our "snowballs" to open up and say ahhhhhhhh.
    We have 5 Great Pyrenees
    Jingles
    Beta
    Frosty
    Caleb
    Holly
    And one Maltese by the name of Ernie.

18. Rene

Rene New Member

I was born and raised in Northern California been here all my life.

19. smokey

smokey New Member

mix breed, where in ohio? i grew up in cuyahoga falls.
    now i live in denver.

20. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Wow Smokey, I was just in Cuyahoga falls this past summer for a few days. It seemed so small, the cab guy that took us there from the airport had never even heard of it (so it was a $115 cab ride!) We were told there were no other means of public transportation to get there, yikes. We went to a concert at the Blossom Center, I think it's called? Something like that. The venue was was in the woods, that was really weird to me, and I found all of these mosquito bites on my arms and legs afterwards! :shock: