1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

where is this awful fish smell coming from??

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Aug 24, 2005.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

this started with Jake yesterday, its coming from his mouth, but it smells like its not his mouth but coming up from his stomach, yuck, it almost smells also like its coming from his head, I smelled the rest of his body and its not coming thru the skin there.

should I be worried?? I have a vet appt tomorrow, but as usual I am freaking out

2. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

Could it be coming from his ears?

If he's acting Ok, I wouldn't get too worried about it. Maybe he ate/got into something you just don't know about?

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I checked his ears and its not coming from there, he hasnt gotten into anything, he seems fine, I read one place that it can be a sign of kidney problems, but only found one thing on that, so I am worried

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I am wondering if it oculd the the spagetto squash I gave him yesterday morning, he eats a lot of zuchinni and summer squash, but never spagetti squash,

5. someday

someday New Member

I'm not sure what's causing it with Jake, but I know the smell. My parent's German Sheperd's breath smells like that when he is very nervous or afraid...mostly during thunderstorms or vet visits. I've also noticed it on nervous strays when I take them to the vet's office or when they have been injured. I would assume it's a chemical produced by the body...I'd just run it by the vet tomorrow...it might be nothing at all.

6. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Wondering what your Vet had to say.

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

the smell went away so I cancelled the appt. I think it was the spagetti squash I fed him, thats the only thing different. hle has a senior wellness apt in a few weeks so I am going to ask him then