1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Which flea treatment to use

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by jay, Jun 1, 2005.

1. jay

jay New Member

I'm sure this was asked before, but what do ya'll use for flea treatment. I've never had a problem until know, so i was going to get something. I've heard advantage and frontline are the best topical ones. Frontline also makes a spray. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

since we have a bad mosquito problem, I use heartworm/flea combo preventative, called sentinal, its a monthly pill. I used to use the topical flea preventative, but then my dog would lay on the furniture after I put it on it it would get all over everything, plus he is a water dog, so the this works better for him.

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Ive used Frontline for donkeys years, , its a topical that you put on once a month (I actually used it from March to October approximately...the winter months we didnt have many fleas around). The active ingredient is Fipronol which has been used in Europe since about WW11 for treating kids hair lice and its about the safest on the market, the only reaction Ive seen occasionally has been a little hypersalivating if the pet can actually get to the spot youve put it on and they lick it off a little. You shouldnt bathe the pet for.,...I think 48 hours before you use it and 48 hours after but then you can and it should protect for a month....be careful about using the topical and spray together, you can ovedo it, Ive always found, even with heavy infestations that the toipical is enough.

Just a caution, there have been a lot of reports about buying these meds on line....I know some are fake and from what Ive heard most come from countries outside the US or UK so they dont have the same drug guidlines...the company only sells Frontline through vets.