1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

which mange is the bad one?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Jamiya, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Isn't sarcoptic the really bad mange? And demodex is the one that isn't as contagious?

A vet looked at Libby and saw the line near her eye that I assumed was a scar and then saw a patch of hair loss near her nose (that I noticed while in the waiting room) and wondered about demodex. He said being in heat can sometimes bring on an outbreak and so can stress (like from being spayed). He said to watch her. I couldn't get a straight answer about the other dogs in the house.

Should I keep her separate? Should I get a skin scraping to know for sure? I have been reading online and some things say to just wait and let the dog fight it off by herself if there's not too much of it.

Any advice?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

I guess it depends on what you mean by bad. Sarcoptes is contagious, but it's easy to get rid of. Demodex is not contagious, but it can be difficult to get rid of, though not nearly as difficult as it once was.