1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Whiskey's here

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by karen_80, Sep 18, 2004.

1. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His felv/fiv test was negative. Yay! Poor thing cried all the way into the vet but was good as gold. She said he's in great shape for his age. He's got a nasty old abscess on his ear but she also said that he's tough, and his body is walling off the abcess to make sure it won't spread. They had to lance it so it'll drain, and of course he had to have a good head shake while I was holding him so I ended up with a face full of..gross stuff. lol.
    He's taken over Simon's bed and is napping already, so hopefully we'll have a quiet night! :)

2. vene

vene New Member

Great news! :eek: Is Whiskey part Main Coon? He looks happy at your home! :m10:

3. nern

nern New Member

He is gorgeous! He looks pretty comfortable too. :D

4. Ashimmerystar

Ashimmerystar New Member

OMG HE IS SO ADORABLE!

I want to give him a big hug because he looks so cuddley :love_y_t_much:

5. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

He's my 'coone' kittycat, yep. I actually got him in '92 from a girl at work whose boyfriend was...'less than nice' to him. He's been with dad for years but he's selling the house so Whiskey came with us, also my stepthing won't normally let him in the house so he's been outside alot and it's starting to get chilly. Last night went okay, a few hisses but no fights. Poor thing is so exhausted he slept the entire night away.

It's funny how quickly you can re-bond with a cat - he slept on the bed with me, right up by my face, and kneaded and drooled all over me just like when he was a baby. I had forgotten those aspects of his personality. He's going to be the alpha, no doubt about it!

He's just gotten up to explore so if there are fights coming, they'll be now. I'd better go get my water bottle ready!! :0009:

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

lol...karen....

your kitty is beautiful. animals never forget in my opinion. :wink:

7. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

what a cutie

8. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

I mentioned before that he had an abcess on his ear. I read a few articles about it but had a question - are these infected inside or outside? The vet said if it didn't 'appear to be healing' in a reasonable time (all the articles said a week) she would write him a script for antibiotics without another exam, which is good. It's a small hole on top of his ear that she lanced and drained and I've been dabbing at it to reopen and trying to express the gunk out, but I'm wondering if I use peroxide like she said to do, (or betadine paint which seems to be a cure all) does it need to get inside the wound or is on the outside going to help? Also, it kind of scabs over and I rub it with a cloth to open it again so it'll continue to drain - when should I stop doing this because it's healing as opposed to the pus closing it over? I've never dealt with an abscess as mine are usually lovers, not fighters. :) It doesn't appear to be too sore and he's not worrying it so I'm sure it's getting better, just not positive how to deal with it (or when to stop dealing with it). Tks!!

9. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Very cute kitty. Sorry, I can't give advice on abcesses. I hope your kitty will be okay.

10. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Whiskey is gorgeous. Sorry about his abcess. Moe had one earlier this year. It didn't need to be drained, but she did have to go on Clavamox for 10 days. My vet said to try the antibiotics first, then, if it didn't heal, to bring her back in and get it drained. Some abcesses clear up on their own, but most will recur in a slightly different place each time as the bacteria tracks along under the skin. It is best to have the abcess treated with antibiotics. (More info here.)

11. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

Whiskey is a cute kitty!!! I love fuzzy kitties!!

Hope he is well after the lancing of the abscess

12. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

at the vets we usually told ppl to wash the absess out with diluted peroxide for awhile.

he's a very handsome kitty thats for sure! *loves big cats*