1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

who has a toilet paper roll killer?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I do...and it's my not-so-bright boy Zeus :|

I love Zeus, I really do - but he's not quite right. I think his mama dropped him on his head.

He enjoys "killing" toilet paper rolls. He used to demolish them on the holder so I stopped putting them on the holder. Now he just finds them (and yes he has managed to get them out from under the vanity), carries them around the house (I'm talking full rolls here), then tears them apart.

Bad news....Zeus has moved onto bigger and better things :roll: paper towel rolls :0014:

2. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

My cats don't go for the toilet paper rolls. But, my youngest loooovvveeesss Q-Tips. She will find them anywhere, anytime. She brings them to my bed when I'm asleep to try and get me to play.

It's gross... she will dig through the bathroom trash and gnaw on the ends. She sucks the earwax off! :shock:

So, I can understand where you're coming from. Sometimes, I just don't get my cat!

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I read somewhere once (just once mind you LOL) that cats love the taste of earwax... :roll:

4. halaroo

halaroo New Member

LOL Mary! I love your Zeus stories! He sounds like an awesome cat. All the cats I've ever had all had "interesting" personalities too. Maybe it's us and not them, ya think?

5. footsie

footsie New Member

Footsie goes nuts for q tips too. I have had to buy a garbage can with a lid, and move my q tips to a closet. He usued to dig out the box and leave q tips over the whole apartment. After I use one I always have to give him one, or he's knock over the garbage after he sees the used one go in.

Don't know what the obsession is about but he loves those things. He especially seems to like playing with them by pushing them under the door.

6. nern

nern New Member

I usually restrict mine from the bathroom so the toilet paper has not yet been a problem however, Chieve does love to kill the paper towel rolls too. He actually unrolled almost the entire roll one time and was buried deep inside a mound of paper towels on the kitchen floor with just his face peeking out. Wish I could have got a picture of that. LOL. :mrgreen:

7. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Smokey LOVES q-tips. Whenever anyone goes into the bathroom, she follows and jumps on the counter where the q-tips are. If you want to find her al you have to do is move the plastic container the q-tips are in. As soon as she hears it she'll come running. SHe plays fetch with them like a dog!! Actually better- she brings them back and drops them at you feet. Dog usually dont bring em back or wrestle with you

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Mary. Handsome used to also love toilet paper rolls. I had to hide them from him! He just thought that was the greatest cat toy ever made. :mrgreen: I have to admit, it was really funny seeing him playing with a roll of toilet paper. It would be all over the house, by the time I found out he had it. He was such a great cat. I miss him so much. As for Romeo and Juliet they have not yet discovered toilet paper. I'm sure if they ever do, they too will think it's quite a fun toy.

9. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

my simba the troublemaker of all my cats gets into anything and everything he has gotten my garfeild hooked on toliet paper and paper towels .... they dont mess w/ anything until everyones asleep then they will wake me up playing w/ toliet paper in the bathroom.... simba drags it out and will have it all over the house by morning and he loves it when u bring home the groceries simba garfield and sassy will be sticking their heads in the bags looking 4 something (they know they get a suprise every time i go to the store) simba will go straight 4 the toliet paper or paper towels while they r still in the box, coerings whatever and will destroy whatever its in to get to it to tear it up... he goes nutts over fish food no matter where i hide it he will find it and u have to chase him down to get it away from him its like playing fetch w/ a stubborn dog..lol he will take it to the kitchen and throw it up in the ait to let it hit the ground till it opens and roll in the fish food... he has a thing 4 straws to he will knok over a glass to get the straw...anything thats in my room and on the floor he will drag out to the living room to play with.. hes always in trouble!!!!lol

10. Jody

Jody New Member

Phew, glad Jasper hasn't discovered them! :eek:

11. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

well, well, well...at least i am not the only one...and this is a VERY recent development just in the last week. max has discovered it and i have had to keep the door closed, and the spray bottle in there when i am in there with the door open...monster...."do the monster max!" (that is an old song from the 70's.... :p but i think it was called the monster match) anybody remember that song???? i wont name names as to who grew up in the seventies!!!

12. vene

vene New Member

Vene used to go after the toilet paper rolls too. I used to get so mad but then I take 5 and start laughing because it is funny. Then Milo starts to attack the paper towel rolls. Thank goodness they didn't do it very often. They only wanted some attention. Now Rene loves to attack the cardboard part only of the paper towel rolls along with my toddler. They make a very hilarious pair of fighting over the roll.

13. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

monster mash....*sigh* just aged myself - yet again :oops:

14. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

LOL!!!! I FIGURED YOU MIGHT KNOW MARY!!!! :shock: YEP....THATS IT!!

15. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

goes back to my lounge lizard days :oops: :roll: :0008:

I even remember the tune....can't remember what I had for dinner last night but I can remember a 70s tune \:D/

16. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

"the monster mash...do the monster mash! the monster mash...its a graveyard smash...the monster mash...

here it is!!!!! :eek:

I was working in the lab
    And late one night
    When my eyes beheld
    An eerie sight
    When my kitty from his slab
    Began to rise
    And suddenly
    To my surprise

He did the "max"
    He did the monster "max"
    The monster "max"
    It was a graveyard smash
    He did the "max"
    It caught on in a flash
    The monster "max"
    It's called the monster "max" :shock:

17. vene

vene New Member

I cracked up initially with the monster match and max, now I'm alternating between laughter and tears. You and Max are way too funny!

18. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

why do I suddenly want a beer :roll:

19. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

lol :wink: im laughin too!

20. Ashimmerystar

Ashimmerystar New Member

Toilet paper

My cat Stewart loves to attack the toilet papaer roll, he likes to unravel it form the roller next to the toilet and he loves to find the rolls sitting in the closet waiting thier turn to be used and chew them up in secret. we have resorted to putting them in a drawer that we have to remember to close, because he loves to hang in drawers too and hid the toilet paper from him. its cute of him but frustrating to take out a roll of toilet paper and see huge chunks taken out. Plus i cant imagine its good for him to be eating the toilet paper, and that is just one of the many things he like to eat, he also likes to chew through bread loaves. :wink: