1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

whole wheat bread for budgies?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by drab911, Mar 2, 2005.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

Hey everyone.. I just relized today that my bird LOVES whole wheat bread.. I am pretty sure I have heard that it is good for them but how often should they be fed it? Once a week with the millet spray or should I alternate with the millet spray in turn givnig it to them only once every 2 weeks.. I dont want some little fat bifds hehe thanks

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I uually do it once very two weeks in place of the millet.

My budgies also like pasta too.

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi i feed wholewheat bread to my birds when they are breeding as it has alot of fats and nutrients in it which is great for developing birds.

2-3 times per week is ok as too much makes the pretty chubby and theres nothing worse than seeing an overweight bird trying to walk along there perches heheheheh.

Too much millet is also fattening and if you have a male and female pair in the same cage the millet induces breeding in the pair.

Mike

4. drab911

drab911 New Member

How big of a piece do you usually give?

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Ack! Millet spray encourages breeding?

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I give mine 1-2 whole slices of bread 3 times a week but my birds are in the process of breeding.

When they are not breeding they only get 1slice twice a week
    Mike