1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

whos smarter??

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by i_love_my_ollie, Nov 24, 2004.

?

who is smarter

Poll closed Dec 1, 2004.
  1. cats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. dogs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i_love_my_ollie

i_love_my_ollie New Member

i want ppl to vote who u think is smarter cats or dogs?i think that both r cleaver but dogs u train to do thins that cats can jus sense or know to do well u decide!!

2. Bente

Bente New Member

Cats and dogs are totally different animals, so it's difficult to say whos smarter.
    But... Offcourse i voted for cats :wink: lol

3. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

cats! of course. dogs are just obedient, they do everything you say, (some of them, sort of like a computer, it doesn't do much unless you tell it what to do.

cats, however, know what they want and only love you if you give them a reason.

4. i_love_my_ollie

what made me think of it was most morings ollie cums in my room after my boyf has gone (he wont let him in the room wen hes in :( bad daddy!!)
    and he always does it he will cum over to me if my eyes r shut he will happly walk off till im awake and ready to play n there r other little thins he does.

5. Ashimmerystar

Ashimmerystar New Member

I agree that both animals are smart, however I think that cats are a lot less trusting and trust thier gut before just being happy to see you no matter what. Plus its a lot harder to train a cat, they have thier own minds.

But I love dogs to and I love thier happy-go-lucky attiitudes...but I voted for cats because well I love them and my Stewart!

:0008:

6. i_love_my_ollie

pls pls keep the votes cumin it seems so far cats r far ahead wiv all the votes!!

7. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

THATS BEAUTIFULLY SAID RABBIT..... :D :wink:

and i laughed so hard when i saw the vote totals...lols....100%!!! :eek:

8. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

Of course cats. I just recently found out something stupid about my parents dog...

They have this dog and I was going on about how stupid he was the last time I visited. My mom said, "He's not stupid look at all the tricks he knows!!" and proceeded to go through a list of tricks. He knew them by heart since he would move on to the next trick before she even said it...

I pointed that out to her and she said, "No he knows them!" and then tried to do them out of order...stupid dog didn't have a clue.

Then, I find out he broke a window at their house. How would he manage to do that? you may ask... He RAN INTO IT chasing after a squirrel....

My mother's response... "Well, the squirrel was taunting him all the time". :roll:

Now, I'm not saying ALL dogs are stupid, some are very smart. And the same goes for cats...most I've met are very intelligent but I've met a few vegetables in my day.

My cats right now are pretty intelligent. Whenever someone comes into the apt they don't know, Molly runs and hides under the bed...Aoisha on the other hand (see how intelligent this is!! ) runs into the kitchen, opens the cabinet with the extra pet food and treats in it, crawls in and shuts the door behind him!! Kinda like, "ooh, they might be here for awhile...I'm gonna need to stock up..." :lol: :eek: :eek:

9. vene

vene New Member

:0017: :m39:

10. vene

vene New Member

11. i_love_my_ollie

cool links i think that cat r smart if they cant get somthing one way they will find another now thats smart i no wiv ollie he nos he aint allowed on the table coz he looks at me wen i catch him in the act and i get him off n hes like i think not mummy he jus finds another way of gettin there while im not looking!lol :lol:

12. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

Another cute story...

Once me and my bf had to leave my kitties alone for about 3 days in the apt. We left plenty of food and water, extra litter box, the whole nine yards.

We knew that the food would last them exactly the amount of time we were gone and that as soon as we got home they would be pretty hungry. We show up and their plastic cans of kitty treats were all over the floor, completely empty!!

They had chewed and clawed on the lids until they popped off and ate all the treats!!

Almost like they were thinking, "OMG!! They've left us here to starve!!! They're not coming back!! I guess we have to open them for ourselves..."

And yes, the treats were put away in cabinets. We moved on to drawers but they figured out how to open the ones closer to the floor so I had to put them in the higher drawers now...I'm pretty sure if they were allowed on the counters they'd figure out a way to open those too! :mrgreen:

13. vene

vene New Member

:shock:

14. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

I know!! Now I have the treats with the screw on lids!! My cats may be smart but let's see them figure out how to grow opposable thumbs!!! :y_the_best:

15. vene

vene New Member

Hee hee hee. :mrgreen:

16. nern

nern New Member

I had to vote for dogs because my toy poodle is undoubtably smarter than any of the cats in my household. :wink:

17. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I didn't vote because it's literally like comparing apples and oranges. Their behavior is dictated by their nature and as two completely different species, they have completely different behaviors. And on top of that, I've known some cats that were more intelligent than other cats and some dogs that were more intelligent than other dogs. And even within their individual breeds, behavior and talent varies.

18. luna

luna New Member

cats are smarter than dogs. you will never ever see 8 cats pulling a sled.
    cats never listen to you dogs will almost always listen to you (unless the dog happens to be abby :lol: )

19. luna

luna New Member

"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later." - Mary Bly

20. bonxie

bonxie New Member

I totally agreed with Rabbit.

Dogs do as told but cats make you work for them!!