1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Why are we on Aquarank ?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

How come we aren't on www.aquarank.com.
    It's bothering my curiousity as to where we would rank compared to other forums.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Considering Auspet isn't an aquarium-specific forum, I'm not sure we'd do very well. Besides, I don't think Aquarank is a real good indicator of advice quality anyway.

-Chelle

3. Hooben

Hooben New Member

The only thing guaranteed with aquarank, is that we would have to vote everyday. If our members didn't vote, then we would be poorly ranked. Not a good way to judge, if you ask me.

4. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Just as Chelle said, "Auspet isn't an aquarium-specific forum" and as Hooben stated, "We would have to vote every day". Or at least push our members to vote. We would end up spending our time encouraging our members to vote instead of giving them beneficial information. The problem with sites like aquarank is that you can have a site listed as number 1 that has a lot of flash and dazzle with graphics and very little beneficial information. The best ranking with any site is with each of its members and how much benefit they are getting with the information provided.

5. tski22

tski22 New Member

I think that the moderators are right. Although that site seems like alot more than this with the way its set up. Our Auspet has intelligent people to readily answer your questions. While on site like although ranked well I dont think you would get the information you are looking for as easily. Im happy with this forum even though we arent ranked. -tl

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Sorry, I wwnted to know.

7. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

No need to be sorry Nameless. You just asked a question you wanted information on. I think you got that information even though we are not on aquarank.

8. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Im on a few other sites on aquarank eg..
    Cichlidmadness.
    Aquatic stuff

And alot of those websites are full of *******'s. I can always get good info from auspet though :y_the_best:

EDIT: watch your language please