1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Why do birds bob their heads ?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Zeppy`s mom, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

What does it mean when birds bob their heads up and down? :?: :0011: :0010:

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

All male birds do this especially if they have either a female or toys in the cage this is there way to attract a mate.

Since from the look of you picture your bird is no older than 6months old then i would say he is maturing and is trying to attract his first mate which could be you if he is close to you, He may have bonded and looks at you as his mate

Mike

3. Chezza

Chezza New Member

I actually had a female bird ( Budgie) that did that too, she would kiss me like that, bopping her head, then regurgatate :shock: :shock: :lol:
    She was well bonded with me..

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Yeah females will do it if broody and will also regurgitate her food if she looks at you as one of offspring or her mate so her doing this with you shows she trusted you and was a happy bird.

Mainly its the males that do it to get there mates attention.

Mike

5. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

Well it is a she because now she has brown on her cere. Anyway I only have one bird , but mabey she was doing it because she has a mirror and was using it at the time.

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I dont like mirrors in cages as this can cause the bird to prefer to be in the cage with the mirror than coming out to excersise plus it can make them become biters as they become protective over there mirror

Mike

7. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Yea I'd say she was looking at her reflection and starting bopping lol, probably thought, woohoo, who's a cutie then.. :lol:

8. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

Ever since I got her her mirror , she hasnt changed . She is not a biter , and she is not over protectine of her mirror.I am really happy that she is like that . :D