1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

why does my germanshepardxrottwieler KEEP ON POTTYING INSIDE

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by leigh0685, Feb 3, 2008.

1. leigh0685

leigh0685 New Member

i have recently taken on a 13month old geman shepard cross rottwieler bitch named roxy, and she is the most obedient, loyal dog i have ever owned........BUT every time i go out / go to bed, when i return / get up there is allways a puddle of pee and normaly a pile of poo also. I have tried everything (at least i think so) and im now at my wits end! does anybody have any ideas/ansers??

if you do....PLEASE HELP!!

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Is she crated? That might clear it all up if she's not currently crated...

My whippet is a fit thrower...and if she's in the mood to throw a fit then she'll potty in her crate... Truly that's the only thing I can figure it is. Recently I've switched four of the dogs to Raw (I'm gradually going to switch them all) and EVER since I've done that--less than a week thus far) my Whippet isn't throwing fits...NONE... We'll see if she keeps on that way but she loves chewing up those bones at mealtime and I think that's fulfilling something that wasn't being fulfilled otherwise. It's VERY odd and if she truly stops with the fit throwing I'll let ya know...

3. leigh0685

leigh0685 New Member

thanx, i knew that was an option, i didnt realy want resort to that, but it looks like theres no other way!
    good luck with your whippet!
    thanx again.

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I crate my boxer/lab Buster during the day when I am at work. I don't like doing it but he has had his chances to prove himself during the day and he always pees. Buster actually loves his crate I tell him to go to bed and he makes a B line for it!!
    good luck it is not that bad just get one that they can stand and turn but not big enough to use one end for you know what and the other end to sleep.

5. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Have you got anywhere "Outside" you can leave her, enclosed, and fenced off, so she can still play and stuff. Sounds like she doesn't want to be separated from you.

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hello and welcome to Auspet. :D I know it's been over a month since you have posted here, but have you taken her to the vet to rule out any medical problems first? It's always wise to check that there are no underlying medical conditions before proceeding on to behavior intervention.

Since it's been over a month how are things going? Hope to hear from you.

7. leigh0685

leigh0685 New Member

its not a medical problem, i have now found out that its seperation anxiety, and i am now slowly but surely de-sensitising her to it. she did it yesterday....but that was the 1st time in 2nearly3 weeks. (and that was because i had left her for like 3and a half hours)

thanx 4 all of ur help and consern

I think ive got 2 the bottom of it now
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That's good news. I hope we will see more of you here at Auspet. :D

9. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Thats excellent news.. :eek:

10. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

ah got to love the separation anxiety thing..... My Boxer/lab went thru that phase and well he ate through a couch cushion "looking" for me the vet said. We tried some meds to resolve it but they didn't work so I had to crate him while I was gone. That worked it keeps him out of trouble and he loves to be in it so it is a win win situation.
    Glad that things are working out for you!! Hope to see more posts from you.