1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

why is does she do this

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Hi guys,

Pls can sombody explain why my female ringneck behaviour is so confusing, when it comes to bedtime my ringneck hangs at the back of her cage and throws her string of bells around almost as if she was telling me its bedtime, when i cover her she moves to her favorite perch at the front of the cage, and the new trick now is to try and bite me. In the morning she throws the bells around to tell me she is awake and when i uncover her and put my hand into the cage she jumps on and talk(gurgles) to me. Other than that has absolutely no interest in biting me in fact she is really good, come onto my hand real easy, and generally is a sweet natured bird - loves kissing and playing by running up and down on me and is out of cage most of the time, and has free movement in and out of her cage when i am at home.

The attempts at biting me are really quite aggressive and nasty. Why is she doing this?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Sounds like she is frustrated and telling you off because she is alerting you that its either bedtime or time to get up some birds are very picky with there routine strange i know but they are quick learners..

I would not worry to much she sounds like a very happy bird..

Mike