1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

why isnt my parakeet vocol

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by parakeetlover321, Nov 11, 2005.

1. parakeetlover321

parakeetlover321 New Member

hi i just have a quick question about my parakeet he/she is about 2 months old and he dosent say anything :shock: . im just wondering if its ok if they dont talk or not or are they still to young?thank you

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Is it a new parakeet? It could just be that it hasn't settled in yet.

But believe me sometimes it's a blessing if they're not too noisy. You'd understand if you had a squaker like my Dixie.

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I agree with Aqueous, usually they do not do much singing or should i say squawking for the first few days of being in a new home.

Give him/her time and you will find you wished it stayed quiet hehehehe

Mike

4. drab911

drab911 New Member

I wouldnt go that far though guys.. yes i agree it takes time for them to get comfortable and vocal.. but I just LOVE the chirps.. its the reason I bought my first bird was just to have the sounds around... and as I type this the 4 budgies are falling asleep and they are doing their little soft high bitch saranade LOL...
    anyways dont worry they will come around..

Hey Mike if your reading this, I have had my parrotlet home for about 3 months now and he is turning 8 months tommroow... he has birsts where he chrips a lot but he is usually quiet... I know that the amount of vocal activity will lead to a more talkative bird.. do you think hes still young before chriping more or could he just be a quiet one? thanks man!

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hiya he is at the age now where if your wanting to try learn him to talk you should start saying simple words like hello things like that you know short words.

Some birds will have days where they just want to squawk on and other days where they just want to be quiet.

When they are quiet this is when they are listening to sounds and usually start to try and mimic them so i would try and stimulate him with words see what happens, You may find when he hears a word or sound he likes he becomes more vocal.

Mike

6. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Oh I'm not talking about the little chirps. I'm talking about ear piercing squawking. Dixie is the only bird I have that does that (usually around 6 in the morning). Trust me it's not something you want to hear all the time!

7. parakeetlover321

parakeetlover321 New Member

another question about my parakeet

hi its me thx for the advice :eek: :y_the_best: how do i post pics becuase i have a bird cage that i want to buy but it has weird pertches if someon could tell me how thx

8. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

To paste a picture you have to have it hosted (with image hosting site like Photobucket.com or tinypic.com) or if the pic is already on a site right click, go to properties and copy the url of the pic.

Then you have to use the image tag.

The code to post a pic looks like this

Code:
    [IMG]THE URL OF THE PIC GOES HERE[/IMG]
    for instance if I wanted to put in a pic of one of my budgies the image tag would look like this:

Code:
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Aqueous1215/Dixie/DIX.bmp[/IMG]
    and when that tag is put into a message it looks like this:

[​IMG]

9. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

If you just got the bird then that is normal.My bird did the same thing for about two weeks ,then she was chattering away and sometimes even got a little annoying, but I still love her to death!