1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

why?!??

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by daddyfs, Jun 30, 2004.

1. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

Suspects Sought After Puppies Killed by Fireworks
    Wednesday, June 30, 20

TULSA, Okla. — Six puppies were killed, apparently by fireworks placed in their mouths, shortly after teenage boys were seen carrying Roman candles (search) in a north Tulsa neighborhood.

Animal control officers said they were following leads Tuesday but had no suspects in Sunday night's attacks, during which one person told police they heard a puppy yelp.

An older dog, a 4½-month-old black Labrador (search) mix, suffered burns on her muzzle and hindquarters from apparently being used as a moving target for fireworks.

The Tulsa Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (search) was caring for the injured dog and for the puppies' mother, a 1½-year-old black-and-tan heeler mix that was not harmed.

The injured dog had begun to eat and was expected to survive, said Laurie Mayes, executive director of the Tulsa SPCA.

The SPCA believes the puppies died from fireworks that exploded in their mouths.

A woman, Tonya Curry, 27, found all the dogs Monday among the remains of fireworks inside a vacant house and took the two survivors to the SPCA. When an animal control officer arrived later, the dead puppies were gone.

"Somebody probably went to clean up their mess so they wouldn't get in trouble," Officer Charity Curtis said.

The SPCA has raised about $1,000 and other organizations were undertaking similar efforts to reward people who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible, officials said.

why in the hell would u do some stuff like that??

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

ppl are so sick. What kind of monsters are these ppl. teens shouldn't know this kind of cruelty.....

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I can only pray that my children will grow up and always remember the lessons I have tried to instill in them. How heartbreaking. I don't know how a person regardless of age could harm a helpless puppy or any animal for that matter.

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Probably how Timothy McVey got started. How scarey! If a person can use explosives on little animals, they probably wouldn't hesitate to use them on people.

If they try it again, maybe they will blow themselves up first before they get the chance.

5. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

thats disgusting. the cruelty seems to get worse and more bizarre over time. is anyone actually getting punished or just getting slaps on the wrist?? out of all the cruelty cases here only 2 have made it on the news and only one person got sent to jail.

6. Jody

Jody New Member

That makes me so cranky. How can somebody be so hurtfull to a little puppy. These kids need to be taught a lesson. How would they like it if we put firworks in there mouths and lit them and watch them cry because it hurt them....Grrrrrr. They get everything they deserve.