1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf cubs coming Soon!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by DogAndBigCatMomma, Mar 9, 2008.

1. DogAndBigCatMomma

DogAndBigCatMomma New Member

I got a call two nights ago from a friend from anouther sanctuary out of state. They are swamped in work and are much larger and much more busy than us. They recently got in four orphaned wolf cubs who they have been caring for for four weeks. But they really don't have time for the cubs and in a desperate act my friend called me to ask if I had the room and time for these cubs.

We have a large sanctuary with just a few enclosures occupied. Our enclosures are large and built to mimick what would be a natural habitat. We have a extra large enclosure which we built in case we ever got in african lions. But it would be perfect for wolves. And though we are a BIG CAT sanctuary we don't turn away anyone. And so the cubs will be here in a week or so I will be leaving home to travel and meet my friend half way and then traveling back with the pups. We are unsure right now if these wolves are going to be permanent fixtures here or if in the future we will be releasing them into the wild. We would much rather release them someday if it is possible.

It is never quiet around here thats for sure. And with Cowboy getting larger and spending more time in the small enclosure the wolves will be safe. And then once Cowboy gets moved to his permanent encloser it will be alot easier.

So wish me luck its going to be a new experience!

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Dogandbigcatmomma, WOW that is soo cool!! :y_the_best: Wolves are my favorites!! They all have such interesting markings, and personalities. I would love to see them up close! :eek: Such wonderful animals so majestic.
    Good luck and can't wait to see pics of them!!!! Safe driving

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. That is great. I hope you post pics. Very kind of you to take them in. Do you know what happened to their mother?

4. AC from TO

AC from TO New Member

Wow! Amazing!

The link I'm posting is that of a wildlife sanctuary I once visited in British Columbia, Canada where they have wolves for the purpose of public education. The enclosures are quite large and they hike with them off leash.

Of all of the places where wildlife is captive these are the best folks I know of. They also keep bear dogs and are trying to educate the public on proper bear control vs shooting them.

Even with all our hopes that these pups can be released, these folks are very well educated and could likely provide help if you need it.

For those of you interested...this is also an amazing place to visit. I took a hike with them and had the best time!

Best of luck! (and I'd love to see pics too!)

http://www.northernlightswildlife.com/

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

pictures are a must - it would be fun if you posted pictures every week so we can feel like a part of their progress.
    How exciting...hope you find time to "share" them with us