1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wondering about coaresness of

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by I_Miss_Baz, Jun 26, 2005.

1. I_Miss_Baz

I_Miss_Baz New Member

...coat. When we brought Zach home, his fur seemed to be pretty coarse, maybe even somewhat brittle. Since bringing him hime, he's had several daily grooming sessions as well as beint petted quite a bit. ANd today, I gave him a bath and he just seems softer. Is it just me, or can his coat be getting softer? It may also be the food he's eating now, too. I've been giving him some Wellness canned as well as feeding dry Chicken Soup as that's what I feed the others.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

diet plays a key role in the condition of a cats coat.
    What shampoo do you use?
    *running to see what I was given with my 2 fosters...BRB*
    I was given AllerGroom when I got my 2 current fosters (a shampoo). Their coats were in HORRIBLE condition from a poor diet and lack of attention (a year of being cared for by a neighbor with absolutely no attention other than clean litter and food).
    MaiTai had mats so bad the person for Siamese Rescue that got her thought she had tumors on her back. They both had dandruff so bad it would literally fall off their coats when they walked.
    I bathed them once, got them on a good diet - and their coats are so soft now. MaiTai's feels like rabbit fur and Dixie's is a shiny black.
    Nutrition is important...ever try a Zoom Groom?

3. I_Miss_Baz

I_Miss_Baz New Member

Ok, I had to go get the shampoo. I got it from a groomer. It's called Quadruped and it's a tearless shampoo, but I just did his face with a damp cloth and no shampoo. The bottle says it's good for puppies and kittens and extra gentle. He smells nice now. :D

Your fosters sure luck out when they end up with you. It's too bad tha the original owners can't be as good to them.

I've never used a Zoom Groom, but have heard great things about them! I've just been using a cat slicker brush on him as that's what I had here. Will have to try the Zoom Groom and see i it lives up to it's expectations.

Here's another pic I took after he finished getting a drink. HE's got drop of water on his chin, but for somereason, when I uploaded the pic, it isn't as clear as the original.

[​IMG]

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

he looks like he's smiling :D
    Zoom Grooms are a wonderful thing - but you do have to be careful. I know a foster who gets carried away with them (cats love them) and next thing she knows she is working on balding her foster cats LOL she does it nearly every time. The cat likes it so she keeps Zoom Grooming.
    With MaiTai and Dixie their lack of care was no fault of their owner. I understand the woman was very ill and in/out of the hospital for a year with the neighbor offering to care for the cats. They are probably lucky she did as much as she did - they always had clean litter and fresh food just no attention. That is more than most people would do. She kept them alive.
    The owner had surgery, went into a coma and died. It was the neighbor who called Siamese Rescue cause the landlord was gonna toss Dixie and MaiTai (she's blind) into the street - he's a goatlicker.
    I'm getting majorly attached to these 2 girls.

5. I_Miss_Baz

I_Miss_Baz New Member

Sorry to hear about their former owner. I know that there are exceptions to everyhting and it sounds like tha was one of them.

I've seen the pics of them you have posted..they are gorgeous! I can see how you would get attached to them. I would be a foster failure...I don't think there would be any way I'd be able to give up any of the ones I brought home.

All we did was go to a movie and came home with kitty number six... :mrgreen:

6. Bente

Bente New Member

What a great picture :D

Yup. That's me... everytime when I'm finished grooming kyrre whith the zoom groom, I have this huge ball of fur in my hand! But I don't think there's any danger he'll get bald in this century, lol :mrgreen:

7. vene

vene New Member

Great photo. What a sweet looking boy! Monty had horrible coat- coarse, dry, danderish. I was feeding him Iams until I came to this forum. Switching him to premium foods and using Zoom Groom made a world of difference. He's been on Wellness, Chicken Soup, Pro Plan and has very soft and manageable fur. :eek: I wish I could come home with kitty #6. Hubby said 4 was the limit. :roll: