1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

worms, three animals down...

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by coppersmom, Jan 22, 2006.

1. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

I treated one of my dogs Monday for tapeworms. Then yesterday I saw the dried eggs where Copper sleeps. The pill made him throw up last time so I had to stuff him in the crate and take him back to the vet for the shot. This morning I was looking for eggs where Sabrina sleeps. It's kinda hard because she sleeps on the back of the sofa and it's tan--the same color of the dried eggs. I had the lamp stretched over there looking very closely when she hopped up there in front of me and strolled by with a fresh egg on her. So I'm about to go get her pill. Geez, I only found two fleas on one of my dogs about a month ago. You'd think we were infested! No one is scratching either!

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Well, at least you are taking care of the problem. A lot of us here have had to deal with them. Ugh. I hope your fur animals will soon all be worm free.

Off topic here. A few years ago I heard of women taking a "pill" that contains tape worms to lose weight. :shock: Does anyone know if this is just an urban legend or is this actually true? :shock:

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Thanks Chelle.

5. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Hehehe...I kinda thought about letting Copper keep his for a little while to get that weight off. :lol: (I'm just kidding!)

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL. Either that or he would have eaten you out of house and home! :lol:

7. vene

vene New Member

Pilling has always been a lot of fun. :roll: Our kitties never lost weight while they had tapeworm infestation. :shock:

8. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

We had to pill five cats for tapeworm and it was a disaster. Zoe threw it all up but the vet said she may have gotten enough medicine (somehow), so luckily we didn't have to take her to the vet and she was ok.

But, that was a nightmare. None of them lost weight, though.

9. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

i saw a show called 'bodysnatchers' where the host swallowed a tapeworm cyst from a cow and he let the tapeworm grow for a few weeks. at the end of it he took a wormer, did his thing on the loo and out came this metre long or more tapeworm. this wasnt done to lose weight though. was just some silly experiment to gross people out. the whole show was on parasites.

10. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

oh good someone else has this prob...just noticed the little white eggs on all 3 of my babies...i had a huge flea issue last summer..i just reordered the frontlineplus...and am scheduling my kitties vet appts now....oh what fun!!!