1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Worst week ever!! - off topic

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by bullylove1, Jun 22, 2004.

1. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Hello all!

I have been having the worst 7 days of my life!! I don't understand what's happening. Perhaps I inadvertantly stepped under a ladder?

Anyways, last Tuesday my boss calls me into his office to let me know at the end of the month I no longer have a job!! Our office lease is up at the end of July and he didn't bother to look for an office and only gave me 2 weeks notice!! YIKES! He's a big golfer type so this doesn't really surprise me too much that he won't be working for the next couple of months.

Anyways, I was really mad that he didn't bother to give me more notice. Like I can really afford to be outta work right now! Plus, whenI told him I was starting school in Sept. he told me I would have me job until then! This was probably 3-4 weeks ago. UGH! If I had known I would've been looking previously. So, anyways, I have been a basket case the last couple of days. I have a few projects set up that will help, but I am going to be poor and in debt forever!!! :x

Just needed to vent about that!! We all have angry employer stories I'm sure. *Sigh*

2. Zekesmom

Zekesmom New Member

What a dorky boss you had!! :x Good thing you won't have to work with him any longer. But I am real sorry. :( I am sure everything will work out soon, and hopefully better than before. You are a smart and resourceful woman(you found and use this board!!) and someone else will be lucky to have you!! Can you rename one of the dog's toys "boss"? :?: I'll hope for the best for you :y_the_best:

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Sorry to hear about your job. I hate working for other people, that's why my Hubby and I went into business for ourselves.

The guys that are working for us now speak Spanish, so they are probably saying we're a couple of creeps, too. :D I wouldn't know.

Things happen for a reason I think which only means something good is around the corner for you.

As far as being poor, we've had plenty of "Top Ramen" days ourselves. Just as long as the dogs and cats have good food to eat.

4. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Thanks guys! Its pretty discouraging, but the more I think about it, the better off I'll be. I have hated this job since I started it. heeh

Zekesmom: Thanks for the suggestion, I will buy her a stuffie named boss tonight!!

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Ugh! So sorry to hear about your bad news.
    Hopefully something even better is just around the corner.

6. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry to hear this bullylove...that really sucks. I hope you don't have too much trouble finding something else.

7. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Bullylove1, Just remember when God shuts a door He opens a window.

Boy, makes me glad i'm my own Boss.

8. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I actually got a call from a place today. Its a herbal supplement place to help ppl lose weight. I checked out the website and read all about it before I applied making sure it wasn't some crazy diet pill place, but it really checked out. All natural so I don't have to worry about counselling ppl on how to take speed or some other weird crap they put in some of those products.

the best part is she's fine with me going to school in the fall!! That was my biggest worry!

I'll let you know how it turns out!

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hope things start lookin up.

10. honeybears

honeybears New Member

we wil keep our fingers and paws crossed

honeybear

11. lil96

lil96 New Member

where do you live bully, (you don't have to say if you don'T want to) and how long did you work at that job? because maybe you could get unemployment. in Va this was 60% of your normal pay check (i think) and I know it isn'T much but it is a little bit of money so you can afford the best of ramen noodles! just kidding. but Ihope this new job works out!

12. vene

vene New Member

Bullydog1, you're better off with a nicer employer. It's very rare to find a good boss. Like they said, an old door closes and a new one opens. I hope you like your new workplace.

In my old student days we were so poor that we spent $30-$35 on food per week. It wasn't that bad, we were just frugal. And yes, we loved Ramen noodles. It wasn't healthy but we added vegetables and meats for supplement and it cooked fast! On top of that we lived in a HUD apt. LOLs. We were poor students so we qualified. Life with roaches and human pee in the elevators was very interesting. We loved Sat's because the nice people there we give us free food. Can't turn down free food even though we didn't qualify for it. :mrgreen:

13. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

bullylove1
    Its a herbal supplement place to help ppl lose weight.

My wife joined Natures Sunshine A few years a go. She sells stuff to people for there dogs and people but mostly dogs and some cats. We use a lot of there products for our guys like there worm treatment works great, black walnut for heart worm.
    Keep smiling things well look up for you.

http://www.naturessunshine.com/index.asp

2pyrs :)

14. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

PetsMart has a toy that is like a little stuffed person that says "Boss" on it. They also have "mailman" and something like "my ex" or somesuch. Nala loved her mailman toy, but I eventually had to take it away because she was pulling the stuffing out.

Jamiya

15. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Thanks guys! I'm meeting her after work today so we'll see how it goes.

Lil: I am a private contractor (work for myself kinda) so I don't apply for EI. The problem was that I was told this contract would go until I started school but he ended it 2 months early on me.

I have a couple of other contracts I'm finishing up so I'm not too worried. I just haven't not worked in...I can't even remember.

I'm not good when I have nothing to do. Even on long weekends by the third day off I'm very fidgety and being turbo woman cleaning evrything in sight. hehe Curt doesn't mind of course.

If I do take this job I am taking a week off first. I haven't had a vacation in 3 yrs.

16. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Aww, I'm sorry sweetie! What a jerk! I'd really tell him what I thought!!! Don't worry, you'll find something!

17. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Well that sucks! I feel your pain! I was a Paralegal for almost 10 years until last August. I took a $5.00 pe rhour pay cut because working for lawyers (sorry if any of you are!) was sucking my will to live! Approx. 2 weeks after I started my new job, my husband got laid off from the bank he worked at and got a new job at $3.00 per hour less! So, we are STRUGGLING right now! But, are kids are fine, Sarge made it and I haven't harmed anyone physically!(yet!) So, thing scould be worse....(knock on wood!) Hang in there, sometimes things don't only happen for a reason, they happen for the better if we let them run their course.

18. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Sarges mom: you are too funny!! My "boss" is pretty into politics and we always have politicians it and outta here. I think I hate them MORE than lawyers heheheh. So I do feel your pain there.

In a way I can't wait to get outta here. I have been wasting away for over a yr. now.

To be honest, the thing that upset me the most was that I couldnt' be online her all the time anymore. My computer at home is messed up with a virus right now. I will have my mother in law over this weekend to fix it hopefully. I don't know how long I could go without an Auspet fix!!

19. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Eek! Get that computer fixed!!

If you don't find something, you can come to my house and be turbo woman and clean everything in sight.... :wink:

Jamiya

20. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Jamiya! I might have to take you up on that offer. If I start to wipe imaginary crumbs from the table one more time I think Curts gonna kick me out!! heh