1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

wrapping legs

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by OTTB lvr, May 6, 2004.

1. OTTB lvr

OTTB lvr New Member

I've always been taught that whether wrapping to ride, or for standing wraps, you should always wrap "tendons in" to protect the leg from bowing and such. I've played polo a few times, and noticed they wrap the horses however is more convenient, so each leg is basically wrapped in a different direction. I know that's to protect the legs from the mallat and such, and I didn't think much of it. Recently, I went to a dressage trainer, and he wrapped each leg the opposite of how I had been taught. What are the ups and downs of wrapping one way vs the other, and does the amount of stress have anything to do with which is right?

2. someday

someday New Member

Although most people are taught wrapping "tendons in", it's been proven that wrapping the other direction doesn't predispose them anymore to bowed tendons and such. I'd always been taught to wrap "Tendons in", as a dressage rider, but I'm majoring in Equestrian Science now, and have learned that it really doesn't matter., but if a trainer is adament about wrapping "tendons in", you'd better just do it. ;)

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

ITs a good rule of thumb, always wrap in.