1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wylie went to the vet today

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, May 11, 2004.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

After Wylie still didnt want to play and her continued no energy I took her to the vet his morning. The vet said well she looks fine her heart sounds good. I said you dont understand, Wylie is the energizer bunny. Her normal routine is to run for half and hour on our hikes and I mean run, we get home she runs back and forth up our 200' steep steep driveway, while we are walking up, then proceeds to go in the back yard and play frisbee for hours.

I said example, yesterday I took her for a short walk on leash down our road, then I let her go to run up the driveway, well she could hardly walk up the driveway! and was out of breath.
    So the vet did a blood panel and I wont know until tommrow, will keep you posted.

honeybear

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Oh Honeybear,
    I hope she is okay. Please keep us informed.

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh man, Honeybears!!! Poor Wyle. I hope she's ok....have you taken the photos yet?

Maybe she's just got a bug or something. I sure hope she's ok. Let me know how she does!!!!!

I would keep Jake away from her though just in case!

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Do you know what tests they are going to run? Since you are going on almost no information about what could be wrong, hopefully they will be running a broad range of tests, including thyroid. Is she eating okay? Drinking water? Any change in routine?

I hope she feels better soon!!

Jamiya

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

They listed lot of tests, but I dont think he mentioned thyriod. he said lyme, heartworm, for bugs, diabetes. It better be alot for $160. Will call. She is drinking water normal and eating. It is the strangest thing. What worries me is when she couldnt even walk up the driveway yesterday. but if you look at her she l looks fine. You know she does seem to be drinking more, but it is because its like she is being exerted for doing nothing. I found her under the bed yesterday panting so bad, her tongue was hanging to the side like she just did a long run. I dont know what triggered it because I just got home.

And I am also thinking because it is so sudden, we tooker to a lake on sunday where she plaed and drank water, maybe she caught a bug there. But Jake is fine, but he wasnt in the water too much.

honeybear

Sam - I just finished my roll so hope to have picstures by the end of the week.

honeybear

6. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Sounds like hypothyroidism. Definitely have him check the thyroid. It's easily corrected with thyroid replacement drugs. My dog had it and they gave her Thyroxin.

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi honeybear i hope all is well with wylie my thoughts are with you and her.

mike

8. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

I hope all turns out well with her .Do get her thyroids checked though .