1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

YEA! Bailey is home!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by MonsterBailey, Sep 21, 2004.

1. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

:eek: My baby is doing wonderfully!!! ......He got home about 10:00pm last night... and slept like a rock. There has been no frowing up (so far).... KNOCK ON WOOD. He's just really really tired. :| Everytime he sits still for a long period of time, he's out! LOL.... I was trying to take a picture of him (cuz his little legs are all shaved, and they look like pencils! LOL...) and he was FALLING ASLEEP AS I WAS TAKING THE PICTURE! :)

He's eating good -- very very good sign! He had his morning bowl of baby/bland food, along with two wonderfully tasting pills (yummmmmmm amoxicillin and anti-nauseau stuff!!)...and scarfed it down!

We still don't know 'for sure' what happened or caused it. There is still the possibility that he got into something he wasn't suppose to, but I HIGHLY doubt that cuz it would have been strewn all over the house. Like I said, they usually don't get into the Ajax, clean it all up and then put it back in the cupboard, right!?!? Anyhow, the doctor feels it was probably the incident with the pig's ear. Probably too-big-of-pieces that just decided to have a field-day in his little belly! :cry: The best news, tho, was that they re-tested his blood and his bilirubin levels were down to normal and the pancreas/lipase levels were a little lower also. So, I can stop worrying about him having liver disease or pancreatitis.. :cry:

Sooooo.. it looks like our Bailey Boy is on the mend! :p Bless his heart, I practically smothered the little fella with hugs/kisses all night!! :) hehe....

:kiss_heart: :kiss_heart: :kiss_heart: THANK YOU ALLLLLLLLLL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!!! :kiss_heart: :kiss_heart: :kiss_heart:

O:) O:) O:) And an extra big thank you to Gina and her precious Sunday Schoolers - please be sure to tell the kids that God listened! O:) O:) O:)

Here he is this morning (sporting his new soft/harness that mommy bought to make him feel better!! LOL) Do ya see how he's almost falling asleep?? Notice his pencil legs?? LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rene

Rene New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: good news monster i'm so glad he is better he is so darn cute and you are right he does look tired guess he couldnt sleep well away from mommy.

Glad he is home and hope all stays well. give him big hugs and kiss's from us.

Rene

3. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Poor little pencil legged Bailey!!! But I'm so glad to hear he's home and on the mend!! You go Bailey!! Rusty says Rrrrrooooofff!!!! (That means glad to hear your better, Bailey)

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

HEEEYYYY there Bailey. Glad you're home and feeling better! Don't scare us like that again.

5. nern

nern New Member

I'm so glad! You must feel so much better now that he is back home. :eek:

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

:y_the_best: glad to hear bailey is okay :D :D

honeybear

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

You guys are all so very sweet!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Thank Goodness! Im so happy for little Bailey BIG HUGS!! The kids will be very happy to hear Bailey is feeling better. I will see most of them on Wednesday night so I will have to relay the good news.

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

He's sleepy looking alright. If He was mine I would ahve the clippers out and match up his legs. LOL thats just me though. I know you can't wait for it to grow back out. I'd say about 6 to 8 weeks.

10. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

hehe.. puttin, I knewwwww you'd say that! :) actually, I'm not a fan of that "shaven" look, so we're just going to have to hide out for about six weeks! LOL

11. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

GO bailey!!! No more pig ears for you!!!!

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Welcome home, Bailey! Who would have thought his legs were so tiny? :)

13. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

What a relief for you! I am so glad he is doing better! I love that you keep him puppy cute btw, I don't like the shaved look much either! He looks so tuckered out! He is such a doll baby! I am so happy for you guys!

14. Brittany4me

Brittany4me New Member

He's so cute! Can you tell me what kind of dog he is? He looks so clean and healthy :)

I would like to get a small dog someday and I'm trying to figure out which breed it should be.

Thanks!

15. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Oh Bailey so glad to come baCK AND FIND YOU WELL. BUT HATE TO HEAR YOU HAD TO GO TO VET. :y_the_best:

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Brittany... Bailey is a shihpoo (shihtzu/poodle mix)... You can view his dogster page (click on the www under my thread) and see other pics.

He's a great dog... I love the mix!!!! :)

17. Brittany4me

Brittany4me New Member

I thought he looked like a shihtzu but not completely. I just love his color too.

I enjoyed reading his dogster page...thanks for the heads up.

Now to find me a mix like that :)

18. GinaH

GinaH New Member

How is Mr Monster Bailey doing today?

19. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

thanks for asking, Gina... he's actually doing okay. He had a bad day yesterday tho :( I came home from work to two piles of vomit... He's on antibiotics and anti nauseating meds -- and bland diet of rice/cottage cheese/chicken -- so in theory, he should have been fine. So, back to the vet we went... ARGH!! I mentioned to her that the hospital vet put him on amoxicillin .... so we're assuming that made his tummy upset (keeping in mind the paperwork mentioned that amoxicillin can give diarrhea/vomiting) and also she said to take him off the rice, since that can be an irritant too. Man, this dog is going to be the death of me.... bless his heart. so, he's off the amoxicillin and rice... and now on this dr/medicine canned food called "AD" (I had never heard of it)... he LOOVES IT!!! so, knock on wood!

20. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Hey there glad to hear Bailey is home and except for a little set back doing better. Sorry I wasnt here sooner but I have been out all week with a sprained wrist. Anyway you guys were in my thoughts. I hope he keeps it up with his speedy recovery! Oh and please tell him he has cute little legs, dont want him to get self concious about the shaving thing!

:eek: :eek: :eek: THREE CHEERS FOR BAILEY! (AND MOMMY FOR MAKING IT THROUGH THIS!)