1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Yorkie Lovers: Please share. I'd like to learn more.

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Blessed, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Blessed

Blessed New Member

Any Yorkie lovers out there? :m22: While I'm awaiting my Schnoodle, which I still haven't seen a pic of, but it's okay... for now, I've fallen in love w/Yorkies, too. :0010:

In fact, I'm looking at a gorgeous little girl. IF it goes well, I may be able to have her next week. [-o<

I really have to be careful, in case my allegies to dogs is still there in small amounts. I shouldn't really get both of these. Gosh, we'll see how this works out. (Agghh! I just want my nice little puppy and move on!) :-({|=

Anyway, does anyone have a Yorkshire Terrior? How old and what size (weight)? Long hair versus short? How is their personality, etc.? I'd love to hear about it. :m18: Thanks!

:m30:

Blessings!

2. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

yes mama, I have two Yorkies Missy is 8 yrs old and weighs 5.5 lbs and Bobo is 1 yr old and weighs 3.5lbs. I love them to death. they are lap babies. I take them to the nursing home and the elderly people go wild over them.Missy is my moler as in the early days they were trained to catch virments. but, wish they'd told them not to bring them to the door. lol. the long hair is like a little girls hair it will knot if not brushed often. alot of people like the puppy cut. but, I'd rather shave them off under neath and leave the top hair long.

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

hello, I have a maltipoo and rat terrier but my mother in law has raised/shown yorkies for 12 yrs and they are wonderful little dogs, they are beautiful, smart and loyal. I love the show cut, that is how my mom in law keeps them but it is alot of work. my mohter in laws are all about 5 lbs and under.

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Oh Blessed, I'd be careful with this. I don't have the faintest idea how they are with allergie sufferes. Anyone have allergies that has a yorkie please share.

5. Rene

Rene New Member

I have 2 yorkies but i dont have allergies but i must say i love them to death they are the sweetiest dogs i have ever seen they are my little babies and very much LAP DOGS. I will also say they are very hard to potty train and mine are spoiled rotten lol but i love them to death

I forgot to say that like kindness i keep their hair long i love the look but its alot of work if you dont brush them almost everyday. I have not brushed jasmine much since the babies were born so i have to have her underside shaved to many knots.

6. Maltipoomama

Maltipoomama New Member

My sister has allergies and she has a yorkie... and she has no side affects. Her allergies are pretty bad too, so thats saying something!

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I have a yorkie and I have allergies. It really doesn't bother me that much except around bath time when I dry his hair, especially when it long.

Rocky will be 6 next year. He's usually between 11-12lbs (I know you're thinking fat, but he's also larger than the average yorkie and solid muscle) and I usually keep his coat long in the winter, then it gets chopped off in the summer.

As for his personality he's usually a very friendly dog but can nippy when he gets excited.