1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Zoom Groom help please

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by coppersmom, Mar 29, 2006.

1. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

This is probably a stupid question, but do you use a zoom groom just like a regular brush? You know, like brush from the head back to the tail? I was swirling it around in circles and it got a ton of hair out but Copper didn't really like it but he was outside so he was distracted. I brushed Sabrina the regular way and then had a ton of loose hair all over her tail. What do I do with that??

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. It's such a super brush! :y_the_best: Use it like a normal brush though (from head to tail, in a straight line). You can brush the tail too. You'll find that you may have excess hairs still on your cats. You can either wet your hand and wipe it over their fur or use a slightly wet paper towel to get the excess loose hairs off. Below is an old pic of when I used it on my best pal Handsome (R.I.P.) For some reason the fur looks blue instead of grey.

[​IMG]

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Here's a grooming trick that will help, if you aren't allergic to latex. When you finish brushing with the Zoom Groom, put a latex glove on your hand, and just pet your kitty. Any loose hair will stick to the latex. Then you just throw the glove away.

4. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Thanks! That's weird about the blue hair...matches the zoom groom! I got the brush because everyone raved about it on here. And Copper didn't like the slicker brush. He acted offended when I tried to use it on him lol. (I bet those teeth hurt him.) Sabrina doesn't mind either brush. BTW Chessmind, how do you get Juliet's coat sooooo shiny? Sabrina is solid black too and her coat is rather dull and a little flaky. I feed her Purina ONE Urinary tract formula and everytime I try to switch her, she gets crystals in her urine. :?

And that's a great idea about the latex glove Shineillusion. That's how I get the cat hair off of my pants when I get to work. Never thought about it around the house...maybe I should sweep with one! :lol:

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I feed her Wellness soft and hard food. A few other people here have also noticed that when they switched their cats to a better, higher quality cat food that their fur improved a lot. Wellness is a great cat food, but there are other quality cat foods out there.

6. vene

vene New Member

It's been years and I still love the Zoom Groom! It's because of that pic and the thread on Handsome's Zoom Groom that sold me on the brush! Rene and Monty begs to be groomed, lol. It's true that Monty's fur became less dandruffy, less brittle, and he became happier. It was a almost instant transformation. I was feeding him Iams and hiss body did not tolerate the poor quality food. I now use 50% Pro Plan, and 50% other types- Wellness, then Solid Gold etc. Right now they are enjoying the Blue Spa Select.

7. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

I want to change Sabrina's food, but everytime I do she gets crystals. I haven't found a premium urinary formula food. Even if they're low in ash, they don't acidify the urine and after one bag she has problems.

8. eman

eman New Member

is the zoom groom sold in stores? or online?

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Eman. You can get it online and in petstores. :D They are less than $10 (U.S.A)

10. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

my kittiies luv this brush..but i cant seem to get the fur out of the bristles on the brush...it makes a huge mess

11. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

well after reading this thread i started using it again..it still makes a huge mess..but i cant beleive how much fur i got off caesar my long hair..and he loved it...i could have made 4 other cats out of it..lol...i have been trying to come up w/ a way to make him like brushing bc he is getting hairballs all the time...this helped tremendously!!

12. eman

eman New Member

you can wash it with water to get the hair out of it.

13. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

then it just cloggs my drains..there is a lot of hair..but i found if i ball it up..its easier..i was a mess yesterday..i had more hair on me then the cats..lol