1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

are my budgies trying to talk

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by armandndeb, Mar 16, 2005.

1. armandndeb

armandndeb New Member

when I talk to sky and gg they make their beaks go like they are cracking seed, as long as I talk with them they do this when I stop they stop, Its interesting to watch this type of behaviour, are they communicating doing this ? They only do this when I talk to them, also I tried to see the pictures on the site, what do I do with the red x, I click on them but nothing happens, I,m sort of new at this picture thing.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

All birds seem to do this i think its there way of trying to speak to us but nothing comes out.

The more you talk to them they have been known to pick up some words the male is usually the speaker as he learns alot quicker where as the females are a little shy.

My grandfathers male budgie says, Hello, Good morning, Pretty, My Biscut.

Like i say the more you talk to them the chances of they picking it up improves.
    Do not worry if they do not pick up words as some never do speak.

Which pictures are you trying to look at if you right click on the red X and go down to properties you will see a web link starting with Http:// copy all that and paste into your web browser and press enter and it should give you the pictures.

Mike

3. armandndeb

armandndeb New Member

thank you so much

it is sky doing all the chatting and she has a all tan cere, gg is a mystery, today the cere is blue, her beak is very dark in color than skys, hers is light, what does this mean ?

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Once the cere turns blue and stays blue then you have a male if the cere goes white or tan then you have a female.

Beak color means nothing as there are some budgies with dark coloured beaks while others are a light colour.

Do you have any pictures of there faces with a clear shot of there cere's

Mike