1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat peed on my wedding album!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by iluvmykittys, Aug 20, 2005.

1. iluvmykittys

iluvmykittys New Member

:x :cry: :( :?:
    What am I going to do?? My diabetic kitty sometimes pees in the litter box and sometimes he likes to pee in other spots (example- carpet & corner of rooms)
    MY husband and I cleaned the entire house- inside out, upside down. He claims he can smell urine--
    well, needless to say- today he found the hidden spot.
    On our wedding album!!!! Tucked next to the couch, by the end table!
    I am sooooo mad, and soooo sad because the album cost sooo much $$ and its 3 years old, and I don't even know If I can make/get a new one! Also I am sad because I don't know what to do for the kitty- I am not giving up- but its really starting to hit my heart now. I have cleaned and scrubbed and deodorized ALL the spots he's peed in. HELP!
    The pictures are not ruined but my husband says the book smells like Urine. NOW WHAT???
    ANY IDEAS????
    THANKS! :(

2. dawnreger

dawnreger New Member

Unfortunately, short of ripping up carpet and padding, sometimes the smell remains in the carpet forever and no product can get it out. Is the diabetes the reason for the random urination, or could your vet possibly narrow it down to another problem?

3. iluvmykittys

iluvmykittys New Member

Yeah- I think we're going to have to rip up all the carpeting eventually and get wood floors/pergo. (lots of $$ so we're going to have to hold out for a few months, unfortunalty!)
    My Vet says its very very common being its a male cat (males tend to spray more) and he is diabetic and we did get a new puppy (6 mos old now)....Just all of it together...adds to this!
    The worst thing about it is my wedding album is ruined now!! :cry: I don't even know if I could re-order it again...its been 3 years and I had to personally pick all the pictures out & design a notebook of where I wanted each picture and what size etc. A lot of work went into it...UGH!! :cry:
    Thanks for your help though....
    Keep the posts coming!! :wink:

4. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

I feel ya girl. Copper pees/sprays everywhere too. He HAD a crystal issue, but that seems to have cleared up. Somedays I just want to toss his big orange butt outside. But I can't...cuz he's my boy.

I don't have any other suggestions for you though. Sorry!

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

did he start around the time you got the puppy?
    Spraying and urinating are 2 different things.
    You might be able to save the photos (although probably not the album)...see if you can find someone who can redo the photos you already have. Copies....
    We had to rip up carpetting in the room I'm in as a litter of foster kittens used the spot under my puter desk as a toilet rather than the litterbox - for weeks!!!!
    We ripped up the carpet and I soaked the subfloor with a product from WalMart called OUT (never had much luck with Nature's Miracle). I poured a ton of it on there (5 kittens) and let it sit overnight, repeated the next night. Luckily it worked so we didn't have to replace any subfloor.
    We put down parquet flooring - not that expensive (and I've head bad things about Pergo...used to work for a contractor who built really nice homes and they wouldn't use it either).
    Parquet flooring is nice, easy to install, easy to clean.
    I did it :y_the_best: my hubby did the cuts cause I insisted it be done on a diagonal and there were TONS of cuts. I don't do power tools.

6. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Spraying and urinating are two different things? :0011: I think I'm confused then.

I have seen Copper back up to something (dryer, back door, closet door, refrigerator, etc) with his tail erect and "spray" urine in a horizontal stream. Is that just spraying? And then I have found cat pee puddles that include the baseboard. Is that just peeing? And THEN I have seen him get in the box but not point his butt down enough and the pee goes over the edge. That looks like spraying to me. See, I'm confused.

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

8. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Hey, that's great info! Thanks Mary! I guess he IS spraying. :x