1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Clone to order cat cost 50k

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by vene, Dec 24, 2004.

1. vene

vene New Member

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

She could have just adopted another cat and donated the 50k to an animal shelter. :roll:

3. vene

vene New Member

Ditto.

4. Bente

Bente New Member

I think it would be creepy to have a cat looking and acting exactly like Kyrre if he died...
    It's a different body and a different soul, but still the same :? Creepy!

5. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Sometimes I don't think I'll ever understand people. :(

My cats are unique. When they pass (it will be a sad day), I will welcome in a totally different cat and learn a new personality and meet a new soul.

When my cats passed when I was in high school, I actually didn't want to get a cat that even resembled the ones who passed. I wanted to find a new adventure with a new family member.

I don't think if I had children that I would clone one if they tragically died. It's creepy. It sounds like something out of a Sci-Fi horror story.

The DNA does not make the individual - the soul does. We cannot create that which a force none of us understands creates. We are humans making human mistakes. I would love nothing more than to see all these cloning stories cease.

6. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

why the hell is pet cloning not being banned? its creepy and Pointless with a capital P.

7. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

well i adopt my babies from shelters..but i admit..i got my second cat Jazzy bc she looked like my first cat...but WHOA was the personality different..i guess i will always be partial to white kitties...Romeo is my first "colored" kitty...he has the grey on him...but my Jazzy and Caesar are pure white..no color at alll

I think Cloning is just wrong!

8. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

We held this discussion a couple of months ago here when the option went up for sale. You can create a visual carbon copy, but the personality is a product of enviornment and socialization (sp?) and even with that, the underlying brain works responds independantly. No way will the clone be the same as the original.

And with all the abandoned babies needing homes...this is just a disgusting waste of funds that shelters could use and morbid beyond belief to me.

I can understand the possible usefullness of cloning, but it doesn't lie here.

9. nern

nern New Member

This kind of stuff makes me ill. I saw this on the news tonight and I had the same thoughts as halaroo....all that money could have went to shelters to help the millions of homeless cats that already exist. :(

10. i_love_my_ollie

i_love_my_ollie New Member

i agree with it all and plus all those poor homless kittes that need homes and ppl go waste all that money wen as many of us no u can adopt a lovely cat from a shelter ppl have too much money and no sense!

11. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

this Is so wrong we are not god
    I hate this whole Idear of cloning it scares me

12. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

*shakes head* it's just another money racket... thats all it is. people taking advantage of grieving pet owners for money.

13. vene

vene New Member

14. vene

vene New Member

15. i_love_my_ollie

i_love_my_ollie New Member

look at all the ppl that died because of a natural cause that r homelss and ppl pay all that money to clone a cat wen there r ppl livin on the streets i think its not rite any1 its interferin(sp?) wiv thing we dont no bout cats r who they r like ppl no1 should go chaning it to suit ppl wot next ppl sayin i want a baby wiv blond hair and green eyes it aint rite. and no 1 nos the affects it could have in the future and i think it will affect it coz we r doin thins that r un natural. the only thing i agree wiv is if there is a ilness like ppl that have babys wiv hiv if they can stop that ok but the rest is jus messin
    :oops: sorry to go off subject it makes me so mad

16. luna

luna New Member

i agree. bsides just because it looks the same doesn't mean its gonna act the same. you can't "recapture" the same looks and personality as an old baby long gone. it is not fair to the memory of the cat you want cloned. that cat was unique and you will never in an eternity find a cat that looks and acts exactly like the one you lost.