1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Do parakeets get sad when their friend dies? Reply PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Pickle&BB1029, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Pickle&BB1029

Pickle&BB1029 New Member

One of my parakeets named pickle died yesterday. Will BB(my other parakeet)be sad? :cry: :cry: :(

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi providing that you talk alot to the other bird and play with it alot then hopefully he/she will be fine.

Like i said in the other post When a pair of birds are kept together for awhile wether they are of the opposite sex or same sex and then one of them dies the other does become upset and pines after the other keep talking to your other bird alot to keep him/her from becoming depressed yes birds do get depressed.

If it's possible try getting a new bird dor the one you have left but if you do remember they need to be kept in seperate cages for about 1-2 weeks so that you can make sure the new bird is healthy then they can be placed together to see how they get on..

Mike

3. Pickle&BB1029

Pickle&BB1029 New Member

Thanks alot!11 :)