1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

getting my pup to be my kids protector!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by rowdiebrindlepit, Dec 14, 2005.

1. rowdiebrindlepit

rowdiebrindlepit New Member

I am wondering how i can get my pup to watch over the kids when he grows up, i dont want him to be mean or anything like that i just want him to be protective of them. any advise would be greatly appreciated :!:

2. someday

someday New Member

Most dogs are naturally protective of children. There's nothing you can do to make him more protective. The best thing you can do is socialize the dog well and let the children help train him and take part in his care. The WORST thing you can do is cause him to be suspicious of strangers. This leads to all sorts of problems and gives pit bulls a bad name. My pit bull seems to know very well which people are good or bad. She will let a stranger in the front door with no one home, but if some one approaches me meanacingly and i'm uncomfortable, she will happily step up into a defensive posture with no protection training whatsoever. Dogs naturally feed off of your emotions. She's been heavily socialized since 14 weeks. On a side note, don't take your puppy lots of places until it has finished its series of puppy shots, they can pick up diseases from other dogs.

3. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

Well, i think there are not very many ways to do that. You might want to try researching. Also if the dog barks when someone comes in the house that you dont know...or if he/she barks when someone knocks on the door then that is a sign right there. 8)