1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ginger, the stray

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by vene, Sep 18, 2004.

1. luna

luna New Member

thats cool. athen you could cut a hole in both of them and nail them together so that they have two rooms to play in. and maybe, sooner or later ginger will be allowed to become a inside cat! :eek:

2. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

UH....A ZILLION YEARS LATER....

darkrabbit...that is......

TWO OFFICIAL AUSPET KITTY LIBRARIANS!!!! :eek: :eek:

(I THINK)

it seemed so long ago...im thinkin....hmmm....what does that mean, anyway???? :shock:

3. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

4. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

i dont know...maybe im not a good AKL :oops: ....but it just looks easier to get a dog house...they are bigger...but some have too big of a door...front door needs to be smaller.

there was a site that gave instructions for building a shelter for a feral cat...but it looked awfully....complicated.... :shock:

5. vene

vene New Member

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Lynn, I looked at all those homes and I love them, but them seem very small and expensive. I've been to several pet stores and the dog houses are neat but the doors are too wide open. They do sell kits for enclosed doors but not worth the price. So I went to Walmart and purchased a $9.44 35 gallon plastic Sterlite storage box. It looks sturdy and I can put the 2 crates in there. I would love to built them the feral cat house. Right now I don't have the time or the right tools for the job.

Now I just need some help in regards to cutting an opening and lining the walls so it'll be well insulated. I'm thinking of putting a plastic flap on the outside of the opening to keep the inside nice and dry.

You know how the stores like K-mart and Walmart like to use those plastic see through wall barrier thingy that you can walk through between the exterior garden center and the building? I'm thinking of doing that too. Just need to find the right materials for the job.

Any suggestions?

6. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I have a few suggestions as to the making of your Kitty-Cat Shelter! I was just brainstorming on what I would do...

I thought of a way that might work to get a hole in the plastic crate. Draw a basic outline of what you want the door to look like, then you could always take a lighter, candle or some source of flame and melt a small hole on one part of the line, this will be the place where you could saw it open. I suggest not cutting the handle-part, it will be better supported if you don't cut it.

For insulation, you could get some duct tape, and using actual housing insulation, or styrofoam, and duct tape it down, then so the kitty won't eat the styrofoam, you could line it with those nifty reflective blanket I suggested before! Secure them to the shelter again with Duct Tape.

I don't know if these would work as good as I think it all would in my mind, and I'm not sure if this would be easy or difficult. But it seemed simple enough in my head!

There's a site that I found a while back when I used to have a pet rabbit that shows you how to make a rabbit hutch out of a plastic container like the one that you have, if I can find it it might be a good way for you to start with your kitty shelter!

7. vene

vene New Member

:qm1:

8. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

welll....seee???? the two AKL'S are already at work. sheesh!!! darkrabbit!!! how in the world do kids know these things???

9. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

It's called imagination, lynn.

I hear that as people get older, they lose their imagination... haha

j/k that may be true for some people but not for you guys.

Glad the information was useful!

10. luna

luna New Member

you know the plactic people buy to put around their windows in the winter, maybe you could cut a pice of it and staple it to the top and leave the bottom part undone to use for a door. then use some insulation stuff for the inside walls and give them a few blankets that they can move around and cuddle up in. don't forget the camaflage, don't want anyone woving it. :mrgreen:

11. vene

vene New Member

Thank you Luna. I really need to clone myself so one can babysit and the other work on the cat house. :roll:

12. luna

luna New Member

hhhhmmmmmmmm...... do they have books on cloneing? i'll look!!!! :m24:

13. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

i know how to clone...

14. vene

vene New Member

:0011:

15. luna

luna New Member

really? could you tell me how so that i can send the other me to school?

16. vene

vene New Member

Ginger dropped off a present today. It was a decapitated 1 pounder head of a rabbit. Now, how tough does a cat have to be to catch a bunny that's probably 2X her size? Hubby was too "chicken" to put the head in a bag so I did the dirty deed. Poor bunny! :m13: Ginger is just picking up where Milo left off. :x Is Ginger leaving the head as a present or does she thinks she owns our property now? :0011:

17. Bente

Bente New Member

Poor Vene! :cry:

Look at the bright side: Ginger probably just wanted to show you that she can contribute to the household. "Maybe she'll let me in if I bring my own food..?" :0017:

18. nern

nern New Member

:-& Yuck! That is so gross vene. I'm sorry you had to clean it up. :0024:

19. vene

vene New Member

Thanks guys. Actually hubby said I had to take a look at our present and I said I didn't want to. So he spent 15 min. convincing me to look without telling me what it was. We went out together and he proceeded to cover the head with an aluminum foil. He got out a sandwich bag and proceeded to drop the head in the bag. Needless to say, the foil didn't work too well and the sandwhich bag was too small. Somehow the rabbit head got exposed when he tried to lift it and we both screamed and he ran away real quick. LOL's. So I ended up scooping it up with some spades. Baby was the only one not afraid of the head. He almost grabbed it. :shock: No more presents Ginger. Thank you very much! :-& :0024: :shock: :m13:

20. luna

luna New Member

awwwww.... she wuvs you. maybe she was giveing you a present and telling you that she now owns your property.