1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ginger, the stray

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by vene, Sep 18, 2004.

1. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

lols lols lols....

lmao.....

that is totally funny vene...about you guys screaming and alan running away!!! :D

i think its a present....most of the time...kitties do that to their owners...bring them the "catch du jour". like animals do in the wild...they bring the catch home....dont they???

2. vene

vene New Member

I give up. NO MORE PRESENTS! :m13:

3. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

shame on you, vene! you should feel honored that ginger cares enough to decapitate a rabbit for you!

4. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

ROFL! That reminds me of the day Booger was chasing me through the house with a lizard in her mouth. She chased me down the hallway and I realised that so long as I kept running, she'd keep chasing me. So I had to force myself to stop and walk v e r y s l o w l y t o t h e l i v i n g r o o m and hurry-hurry shut the door!

5. vene

vene New Member

LOL's Cassie! :0017: :m39: I totally understand how you feel. I'm trying very hard to melt hubby about being nice to Ginger. She stopped by today for a meal. Both hubby and baby and kitties enjoyed watching Ginger eat. When I first opened up the canned food hubby said " are you feeding that outside cat the canned food? We can't afford to feed strays. Just give them the kitty leftovers." I'm rolling my eyes because he's making that up. I said "don't you remember some nice people rescued Monty Boy when he was a stray?" He got real quiet. I guess it's an improvement on his part. At least he's discussing Ginger. If I could only get Ginger to get used to human interaction. :p Maybe a miracle will happen. You never know.

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Vene, looking back I have to laugh at myself about it but I was so freaked out at the time! I was literally shaking! She kept chasing me like 'LOOK LOOK MOMMY! I'LL SHARE WITH YOU!" ROFL. I just kept running around the house with her right on my heels ROFL. I opened the living room door about an hour later and the lizard was no where to be seen nor found. I think she ate it. Poor little thing, he was about 4 inches long. I guess I should be greatfull that Booger didn't leave any 'body parts' laying around (ewwwwww).

I think Ginger will warm up...and hubby too. ;) My hubby was always dead set against us getting a kitty. He relented when he bacame a trucker because he knew I could use the company when he's on the road. Now he's a total s ucker when it comes to Booger. He's so attached to her (and vise versa), it's really funny. Every time we take her to the vet for a booster or something, he has to stop by PetSmart to buy her a reward LOL.

7. vene

vene New Member

Yes, it was a scary experience, but it's so funny the way you described it!
    You are so lucky. Milo used to leave us body parts especially intestestines not to mention blood smears throughout the house. :roll: Thank goodness he's an indoor only cat now! :eek: No more presents I say! :x

Hubby is a cat person. He's the one that introduced me to cats. He loves our kitties very much, just doesn't think we can handle 4 cats, a baby, and a stray. I beg to differ. I hope he and Ginger mellow soon. [-o< Wish I were Nern for change! LOL's. She's got the magic touch!

8. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Some people just have that magic touch, Vene. I think I might have it (not to brag) cats used to HATE me with a passion :oops: . But I rescued a little stray kitten a while back (even though I hated cats for hating me I did it anyway because I felt bad.). The kitty was a very small 6 or 7 wks old. She looked like she'd been starved, so I brought her home and hid her in my room (i was 13 at the time and i wasn't allowed to have pets at mother's house) and i fed her and gave her water, and eventually she got pretty big. I felt very proud of myself! 8) She was a Maine-Coon (which makes sense since I live in Maine) and I named her Willow. But about a month later, Mother found out I was harboring a kitten and took her to the shelter :cry: . I MISS WILLOW!!

Ever since then, Kitties have loved me!

9. vene

vene New Member

Good karma Bunny! :y_the_best: What goes around comes around. I'm sorry about Willow, I know how you feel. *hugs* When I was younger, I had a stray cat named Captain in the house and my dad threw it away. Then I forced my dad to take me to the dump site and I forced him to bring her to a shelter. She looked a little bit like Bobo and Kyrre. I miss her and I haven't forgiven my father yet. *sigh*

10. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

That's so sad! :cry:

How could anyone throw a kitten away!!?! :shock:

That makes me sooo angry! :x

11. vene

vene New Member

I was shocked when my father did that. He's the most compassionate person I know when it comes to people but not animals. For some strange reason, I discovered that many people think like him- my mom too and all their relatives and their relatives and tons of other people. What's up with that? Maybe it's a cultural and a religious thing. Cats are lowlife to them. :x :m36:

12. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

That makes me really upset!

What ever happened to Ancient Egypt! :?:

:0011:

:0013: They worshiped kitties in Egypt! I wish those time were now! Whenever I think of that I always get the urge to carry my kitties around on silk pillows and feed them only the finest meats in the land...

13. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

:m39: Cassie...I had a such a mental picture of you running through your house...too funny. Reminded me of my first cat Nina who used to bring me presents. I was walking through my livingroom and saw what I thought to be a "poop accident" in the corner.....but no...it was a small gardener snake all curled up...I think the neighbors down the road heard me squeal!

Vene-I found this quote and thought of your Ginger

Miracles do happen!

14. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

i been late here too! *grumbles* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway

*giggles.. snickers.. bursts out laughing* i read the rabbit head thing ROTFLMAO i wish i coulda been there to see that! what city folks u must be eh??

i used to watch my dad skin rabbits and stuff after he came home from hunting.

*puffs up* next time vene give me a call i'll come over and remove heads for you.... *eyes shift* i draw the line at heads bigger then me tho. ;)

i'm sure hub will come around before it gets super cold!! sounds like he's on the right track :D

15. vene

vene New Member

Thank you Wtpooh. EternalFlame, I grew up in the country and know all about the animals but it's a shocker to see a large decapitated head. You don't live too far from me so the next time Ginger brings a critter home I'll be sure to invite you over. :mrgreen:

16. vene

vene New Member

Hubby alerted me to an incoming marbled orange cat on the way to his food bowl. What a change in his personality! I told him I'd bring in Ginger if she is friendly and said I'd quaranteen her and introduce her slowly to our cats. He said ok but reminded me that this cat does not seem friendly. Now, how to get an outdoors kitty to like humans?

17. luna

luna New Member

well you could try giving her lots of treats to get her to like you. :y_the_best: yay now you can bring her in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :0020: :0018:

18. vene

vene New Member

Treats huh. Ok. I'll give it a try and throw in a toy or 2 as well. I've got some used up catnip toys. Maybe she'll like it?

19. Bente

Bente New Member

You know what they say: "The way to a mans heart goes trough his stomach"
    I think that saying goes for cats as well :)

20. vene

vene New Member

Hee hee, lol's! :mrgreen: