1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How do u bath a bird

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Hi, i would like some advice on how to spray birds with water. I have a hard time trying to spray Fagan, as he does not seem to like the water. Although he will play in his water bowl, when he wants, i have tried various types of sprays (bottle, hosepipe with a fine spray in the garden, under the tap, in the shower) but he really does not seem to like it, I know that he needs spraying but he stresses terribly when i do this. Has anybody out there an idea or method they use which will keep him calm and get him to enjoy his bath times. :roll:

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

HI, I use a spray bottle with a mist nozzle, Yes they go crazy, but the more you do it they soon get used to it.
    I always say bath time and talk gently to them, Now they will sit there and open there wings, They even hang upside down with there wings spread so that i can mist the underneath of there feathers.

Its just a case of keeping at it.
    The other alternative is to buy a bird bath so that he can can play in it himself.

Mike