1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

In-hand showing

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by mazie21, Apr 15, 2004.

1. mazie21

mazie21 New Member

Hi!!!
    I part loan a 13.2hh chestnut pony with a flaxen mane and tail and have been asked to show him in hand.but I need help as I have know idea weather I need to ware anything special myself, how he needs to look (I.e. plated mane and tail or such) I have had a in-hand bridle fitted to him as that is the only thing I know he needs!!! I also wanted to know how many classes there are, what they are, and what Monty and I need to do in the ring (i.e. walk in a circle, trot in a figure of eight etc)

Please Help!!!
    Megan :lol: :shock:

2. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

I dont know anything about in hand showing, but I am positive the ponys owner would be able to answer all these questions for you. If not, before your first show go to other inhand classes, look at the horses and handlers, and if possible talk to them and the judges so you have more knowledge on what is going on. Good luck!

3. emmanqueenie

emmanqueenie New Member

I do in-showing with a 12hh pure bred section A dapple grey. I usually use a inhand bridle with bit. You can either wear(in uk):
    ~a show jacket or waistcoat
    ~jodphur boots if under 16 long boots if over
    ~White, cream or canary jophurs
    ~shirt
    ~tie or stock

Any other things Im sure willl be answered by the owner
    a good place to but these things are
    www.robinsons-uk.com
    www.derbyhouse.co.uk
    www.rideaway.co.uk

the judge will explain what to do eg walk away and trot back in a straight line
    you need to practice getting the horse to stand square(each foot in line with the other and standing still helps)

there are classes such as mountain and moorland, veterans for older horse, bony pony, junior handler, senior handler, and unusual colour and many others