1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

~In loving Memory~ Lightning, 1992-2005

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by qwertyhimself, Jun 28, 2005.

1. qwertyhimself

qwertyhimself New Member

I'm afraid I must inform you all that my trusty old dog, Lightning has passed away. He was 13 years old and lived a good, full life. He had a condition with his hip in about the last couple of monthes of his life that made it difficult for him to stand, but this did not cause him any pain. Lightning lived a good life. We did put him to sleep, he didn't just die on his own. The vet said that he was living on borrowed time and that he had a very bad heart anyways, along with the hip condtion which they said could have been arthoritis, but I dont think so. So I guess I wont have anymore dog questions to post on here anymore, thanks for all of your help concerning Lightning and his well being.
    Thanks

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

13 years old - Lightning had a very good life.
    May his journey over the Bridge be a peaceful also.

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Lightening is now truly streaking through the Heavens. He can now and forever be the healthy and happy dog that was your faithful companion on Earth.

4. nern

nern New Member

I am very sorry for your loss. :(

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

RIP Lightenting

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...