1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Link to pics of the aftermath ****WARNING GRAPHIC*******

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Walt, Mar 21, 2004.

1. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

This is kind of off the topic. I was reading this post and wanted a little knowledge. Are these pigs in Texas the same as the Javalina we have here in the Arizona desert, or are they ordinary pigs that are feral? Is there regulated hunt seasons for them like there is here? Also, do any of you who hunt pigs ever have them dressed out. I've had Javalina and it's really quite good. Do any of you that hunt pig use another dog besides the P.B.? Years ago I rescued a Catahoula and they referred to them as "Hog Dogs". After I thought about it, there are a lot of simularities between the two. Strong body, strong will. Just a comment. I think it's sad to loose a working/hunting dog. I grew up in Iowa where we would hunt raccoon. It wasn't uncommon to have a coon get the upper edge on a hound and rip half it's face off or an ear. And yes true-pits, I was one of those stupid people who just looked at the pictures without reading the whole link. That's what I get for assuming. I get over emotional when I see dead dogs and think how much I love mine and don't want anything to ever happen to them.

2. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I'm not meaning to call ya'll stupid, sorry. I didn't read anything just took a glance at the pics and realized must be hunt photos due to the wounds. They didn't look anything like pit wounds. I guess I'm just upset because people automatically assume a hurt dog that is a Pit Bull is a fighter and dogs of other breeds that are hurt were bait dogs. That gets so old after awhile. There are people who abuse their Pit Bulls and inflict injury on them and the AC said they are fighting dogs!! So ridiculous. Just becaus some idiot let his Pit Bull have an ingrown color its automatically a fighting dog.

3. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

To tell the truth.
    People should be looked up in jail for abusing animals.
    Because about 100,000,000 animals are killed each year! :(

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

True who ever said they shouldnt? Many are, some are just fined, some are not found out, some are not convicted. I think people here agree they should be locked up but we can't always make that happen. Criminals should be but many times do not get the sentencing we feel they deserve. Sex offenders get off in a matter of a few months! Is that really fair??

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

We have javalenas down here too, but some boars and even sows can get over 300 lbs! Some aere just feral pigs that either escaped or were turned out, then bred with wild hogs. There of ALL colors down here, Some even look like dalmations. But for the most part, their just dirty stinky black pests......

6. Sara

Sara New Member

Re-locating etc...

Sometimes shooting the hog is not a possibility and the dog is simply used to catch and hold the hog and the hog is re-located to a safer environment away from humans.

Also it's not possible to shoot a hog in dense bush (don't know what you may be shooting) so the dogs go in, catch the hog for the hunter and the hunter does the rest. Many hog hunters use several different breeds of dogs for the work and are doing it to save crops, animals and people. Hogs are ferral animals (not meant to be wild in this area of the world) and must be dealt with. Dogs do the best job at dealing with a hog without injury to the hog and if done properly with minimum injury to the dog... I wanted to take my male APBT to a trial and see if I could get him on a small hog to see how he liked it but can't get anywhere that there are hogs to be caught... it is a respectable sport and mostly is carried out in a humane fashion... Vests etc. are worn by the catch dogs for protection and if not...it's the owners loss... Hog hunters don't take the passing of one of their dogs lightly but it's an honorable death to them...and it gets the APBT out there Working in something other than barbaric dog fights...

JMHO
    Sara