1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Maddy went crazy!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Maddy's Mom, Oct 28, 2004.

1. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

For what it's worth, it's been my experience that once two dogs get into it, they cannot be together at all. Up until about a month ago, I could let Jasmine and BJ play together. Then, one day Jasmine decided she didn't want to play anymore. She's a little over 10 months old right now. I told my husband, after their altercation, that they'd never be able to be together again. I was proved right when I was walking BJ and went over to Jasmine's pen. BJ got to the fence and they instantly started growling and then BJ lunged. Had I not been able to pull her away from the fence, I'm sure it would have gotten nasty. Now, granted my experience is with aggression between 2 pit bulls, but I'd still watch an APBT with any other breed it has shown aggression toward.

2. Sara

Sara New Member

I do agree with you there...

3. mattbone

mattbone New Member

first let me say that it wont matter what you hit your dog with if its fighting another pit...they won't feel it , so you better have a breaking stick or be prepared to rip one dog off the other. my advice was for the interaction of a pit and a smaller dog and was specifically directed towards puppies under a year old. in addition it should never matter what the other dog is doing, pits have to be held to a higher standard of conduct. that is not to say that i didn't discipline the chihuahua for the incident because i did but the emphasis was on the pit because the chihuahua can't accidentally kill the pit. now as far as corporal punishment goes it is possible to get equal if not greater results without using it but the amount of time and energy that it takes is far greater than the average owner can afford unless they pay someone else to do it. i just recently bought a 1 year old male from las vegas ( i live in mobile, al) from a breeder who had sold him and then bought him back. she said he was skittish and had probably been beaten badly because he was extremely afraid of people and in particular if you picked up a stick. i bought him anyway and it was 100 % true. he had obviously been beaten and as a result i could not use the normal methods of discipline. its been six months in which the harshest thing i've done is say no strongly and titus has made tremendous steps towards being a trusting loving dog. certainly there are going to be different strokes for different folks but sometimes a couple of swats to the buttox is the right medicine.