1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Mange??

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Texas Pride, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Texas Pride

Texas Pride New Member

I was just wondering if anyone has had a dog that has had Demonex(sp???) mange, I was just wondering what it looks like. My male pit had 2 little spots on his but that got real red and he was scratching at it like crazy, but I put some sulfer stuff i had got from the vet, for hot spots and stuff and it went away. I had the same porblem with my lab, but his were around his neck where his collar is. any info would help. my vet is on vacation, and I dont want to go to the other vet because i've heard alot of bad stuff about him, and besides that he always refers ppl with pits to other ves because he doesnt like them in his office.

2. AC from TO

AC from TO New Member

I have a pupp with demodex, if you have had your dogs since puppyhood and havn't seen any spots on your dog the likelyhood of it being demodex is slim so far as I understand. Scarcoptic mange is a possibility. It is a contageous mite that your dog can pick up from another animal or an environment. I wouldn't worry too much though since your cream cleared the spots up. Mange requires more treatment than that since both forms are a parasite.