1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Most Aggressive Fish You Owned

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Aug 10, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

My male is horrible. GThe female is cool, she will chase off any other fish that mess with the baby tiger barb though. The male was chasing my female so i moved here into my other 10 gal till i could find a nicer and bigger tank. so i kept the male in the 29 gal. He chases everyone, though when i show up he wont do anything. the minute im outa site (still there but away from eye shot) he starts chasin them. I think he has learnt from the last time i had him in the divider. i have found to sort a fish out, put in the devider leave them there for 24 hours, let them back in and they wont do a thing again. i dont know how but it works. lol. Though i dont know what happend today to him but now he seems all nice to the other fish. Go figure.

Oh and i tryed move my female gourami into a bigger tank though she was sad without the tiger barb so i moved her back, i couldnt move the tiger barb with her because of the tetras in there.

2. gr8fuljames

gr8fuljames New Member

I would have to say of the ones I still have my Red Devil is the meanest.

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, reddevils are up there as one of the meanest

4. papastew

papastew New Member

Mine would have to be my newly aquired spotted puffers. If its not a puffer they try to eat it, whether it be guppies the same size as them or snails or fiddler crabs that are twice the size of them. They are feerless and highly inquisitive. They are my little "green terrors".

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, i heard they can be very curious and try to eat anything...lol

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

What are good combinations with puffers?

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

hmmm, i dont know if much could be with a puffer

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Come on, there must be some kind of fish that can mix with puffers?!

9. papastew

papastew New Member

they dont seem to bother the plecos I have in there with them.

10. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Alright, thanks! However, are plecos the only type of fish that you can combine iwth puffers?!

11. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

ive had a few mean ones, a Green Terror and a Wolf Fish that killed my 15 inch Oscar.

12. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Alright, maybe if I plan on getting puffers I would keep them by themselves. They don't look so bad at the lfs, I was very surprised when I heard that they were that incompatible!

13. bill_lumbergh

bill_lumbergh New Member

I have a dwarf puffer with some glass catfish, and some loaches, and this mystery fish i caught in a creek. They get along quite well! The puffer also killed about a billion snails, which was awesome.

The meanest "fish" I've ever had is definitely my blue lobster. He killed almost all the snails, some shrimp, a few young mollies, one of my three adult mollies, and some babies for what seemed to be sport. I really don't mind though. He's awesome and I have too many mollies.

14. rubberduck

rubberduck New Member

id have to say my red devils. my first one, lived with 7 piranhas. he took on all 7. wouldnt let them on his side of the tank. i got rid of him after i got my bigger tank cause every fish i stuck with him, he beat up. my freinds 2 dovi's, some rainbow looking cichlid, jack dempsy ( all these were bigger then him) so now i have two good size gars, a red devil and a piranha. last night i watch the red devil steal a fish from the gar, then stole one from the piranah.

15. MILO

MILO New Member

I have a story about the red devils, this one has to definitly be the meanest and most agressive. My sister set up a new tank and put in a bunch of cichlids (not sure how many or what kind except a red devil i know for sure) by the next day the red devil killed each and every cichlid that was in the tank. My sister was pissed because of all the money she lost so went out and bought some piranahs to kill the red devil and the red devil killed the piranah. Yup thats the story. So 100% red devil. I made sure i didn't get one when i set up my tank

Thanks

16. rubberduck

rubberduck New Member

i just bought a saber tooth tetra......... i liked the show at the pet store it gave. hope it dont take nothing from the red devil

17. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

i would have to say, my flower horn. he is only around 3 inches, and he attacks at my hands and the gravle vaccuum when i try to clean his tank. :p
    My convicts, on the other hand, are quite aggressive when they have fry or eggs in the tank. They will literally attack the glass when i walk by the tank. that's parrenting at its best :D

18. Boo Boo Magoo

Boo Boo Magoo New Member

I had a betta which off'd 5 zebra danios and several neons tetras.

19. Nano

Nano New Member

Most aggressive fish

I would have to say mine was a female Synasephylum(sp?!). One day, I had noticed that she had laid some eggs in the tank. After that, she became very aggressive. She attacked and had killed some of my other fish. The last straw was when she had bit me pretty good. I gave her to my local fish dealer, and they told me later that someone had offered them some rediculous amount of money for her, but they kept her for them selves. She was very pretty, kind of a rosey color.